cannot stop crying and thinking of death ie peace

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mayflower2_2, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayflower2_2

mayflower2_2 New Member

I am a 58 year old woman in a crisis. I do not want to live anymore. I am trying desperately to hold myself together but know I am losing the battle. I just keep thinking, planning and wanting to just get in the car and drive away. I just so want peace.
  2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

hey welcome to SF :hug:

Would you mind explaining a bit why you feel this way? Talking and discussing your issues can really help you feel better.
    Do you see a therapist and/or take meds?

If I want peace I stay at home, turn on the TV and watch something to distract me.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Mayflower,

Welcome to the forums.I'm glad you found us :)

What has caused you to feel this way? Are you receiving any professional help at the moment?

Lynn xx
  4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i am sorry you are feeling this way, i think we all know here how tough life can be at times and how lonely it makes us feel, but here you are never alone.

can you tell us what has made you feel this way, when you are ready of course, maybe with some more information we can help and support you better.
    suicide may seem like an attractive option right now but there is always another way, let us help you find it.

take care
  5. UndeddMonkey

UndeddMonkey Member

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I really don't know what to tell you. Peace is so hard to find these days. I can't remember it. I'll tell you this though. I've been feeling like I'm coming unglued for a while (again) I've been handling it (barely) one increment at a time. Feels like I'm running out of options.
    When distractions finally lost all their potency I found solace in music. I just listen to things I like that describe to me what I'm going through and cry. I think it's healthy. I like it when the music takes me by surprise, when I realize it knows where I am and what I'm going through more deeply than I do. Of course it makes me cry harder but for some reason I'm hurting less during those moments. Maybe that can work for you.
    Like I said, I don't know what to tell you but I thought I should say something cuz I know what it's like to be out of options... and to reach out and find nothing. So that's what I got for you, a little thing that used to work a little better for me than it does now. I hope it's enough to get you through some of those seemingly endless painful times.
    I'm glad I found this place though. It's saved my life already just by being here. I can't tell you why or how because I don't know that. I just know that the people here and the support (or maybe encouragement) or whatever it is they did for me gave me the strength to get on a little longer when the music approach stopped being potent enough. Try to stick it out MayFlower for as long as you can, anyway you can.
    If you ever need to talk or something I-well, I can't honestly say I'll be here, but if I am here I be there for you. Just PM me.
  6. the_farewell_kid

the_farewell_kid Well-Known Member

I'm seeking for peace as well. You're definitely not alone. Please don't harm yourself. Perhaps you should tell us about what is bothering you in your life and we will try our best to give you some reasonable answers. I hope you come back on here and talk to us.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How are you today hun? :hug:
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mayflower,
    I am glad you found the forum!!!! You will find alot of support here. I was in bad shape when I came here and over time I met alot of new friends. In the real world I am an isolationist. I stay in my bedroom 24/7. I have only one contact in the real world and that is my therapist. Between her and the support I get here on the forum I get along better. Even though I still isolate I feel better because I can come on here and be heard. Please stay with us and give it a chance!!! I'm sure you will find friends here fairley easy!!Take Care!!~Joseph~
  9. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i hope you continue to reach out here. . .

s.f. has saved my life. i have friends here. . and here. . they understand. . in real life. .. they don't always. ..

pm me anytime. . i just with the BEST for you xxx
  10. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Mayflower, sorry to hear you feel this way. Please tell us more about your situation. Many of us have found help and support here at the forum and I hope you too can find the help you need. I'm glad you found us and the fact that you have posted here is a positive thing. It shows you are reaching out for help. Acknowledging that we can't cope on our own can be the first step to getting through these feelings. For most people it isn't life we want to stop but it's an end to the pain we are experiencing. Sharing that pain can help. Best wishes, S.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.