Can't be bothered to live

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ire, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ire

Ire Guest

Ok... this may sound strange...

But one of the reasons I plan on committing suicide is because I am too lazy to get a real life. It's just seems to overwhelming to go out and get my own life.

I mean, there are other reasons besides, but that is part of it.

Anyone get this?

Too lazy to live lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. The Jester Race

The Jester Race Active Member

That is EXACTLY how I feel.
    And I don't know what to do.
    Being forced to live in this work a day world when you have absolutely no desire to.
    Is this what you mean?

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I've worked for a number of years, and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. So I don't give a fuck what happens to be if I don't look for a job.

4. nfe

nfe Member

Haven't you ever felt like, very happy when someone did something for you? too lazy to feel happy? You don't have to do very much, depending on how old you are of course.. I'm 15 and I felt the exact same way just a month ago.. But then .. a week ago or something, might be 2, I went to a party where I met a girl, and I was surprised how little I had to do to feel happy.
    It's just worth it, just take a few days break when you're down :laugh:

5. The Jester Race

With me being 18, I don't have the luxury of relaxation like you do. Job hunting and figuring out what I want to do for the rest of my life makes me want to just shut down completely. I hate living and haven't even begun to live. I have nothing to look forward to. Nothing at all. The things that make me happy just aren't doing it for me anymore. Friends and family don't mean much to me. I don't give a damn about anything anymore.

Like Ire said, I'm just waiting until I get the courage to kill myself.

6. timmay20

timmay20 Member

I feel the same way. I'm 21 and a complete loser . i give up:sad:
    I never worked a day in my life, my mom is about to kick me out the house and before does that I'm going to kill myself. I dont even have a high school diploma, she doesn't know that. AS you all can see death is my calling:sad:

7. The Jester Race

And I thought I had it bad. I'm sorry, sweetheart :sad:
    I have my diploma, but it doesn't mean shit to me. I see no value in a college education. I see no point to life. Feel me?

8. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

I agree. I quit going to college after 3 years as I see no point and have no motivation for it anymore. Even if you do get the education does it really matter? After all that work your only reward is more work. Spending the next endless decades performing menial repetitive tasks. Sure you might make more money with more education but its not like more money can buy happiness. No matter how you look at it its 40+ years of kissing ass and pouring your life into something utterly pointless and arbitrary. Be it working at McDonalds for 7 bucks an hour without education or working at an office filling out paper work for 15 with education.

9. The Jester Race

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Which brings me back to my question: what's the point in living anymore if you're just going to be as unhappy as ever?

I honestly don't see one, especially for someone in my situation.

Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'll wait until I have to courage to do it.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Come on guys, life isn't over yet. It's only just beginnning. When I finished university and was looking for a job, things seemed pretty bleak, since I had a hard time finding a decent job. It takes time, but eventually you will find something you guys enjoy doing and it won't be so bad. I became a teacher and I couldn't be happier. I'm 27 now and things are going great. Just figure out what it is you guys want to do with your lives.

11. The Jester Race

Easier said than done. The things I like doing can't really be turned into a job. And I honestly don't care for a job. I don't care about life. I didn't ask to be born and I don't want to be here.

12. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

I know what you all mean. The one day I finally have the courage to kill myself will be the moment the 'fog' lifts for more than thirty minutes.

13. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

I've heard this a lot but my problem is and maybe a few others can relate is that yes i would like to figure out what i wanted to do with my life. But thats not really possible. Theres countless choices but no matter what you choose your only living towards someone else's preset standard. Following a bunch of arbitrary guidelines. If only I could do something I enjoyed, but I'm only limited to what is acceptable by society's standards since no matter what, you have to be a slave to money. "You can be anything you want in life, as long as you follow someone else's standard" Kind of an ironic statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.