Can't be happy.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Pessimist, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Pessimist

Pessimist New Member

I'm a bit young... won't go into details about my age.

I've liked this girl for nearly three years now, and she has told me that she feels the same way about me. The only thing that makes me happy is talking to her, and she doesn't give me that much attention either. I recently asked her to be partners on a project together, but she declined and wanted to work with her other girl friends; she chooses to talk to them over me, as well. I over think things a lot and tend to get jealous when she talks to other guys. I do completely trust her, but I can't help but worry. Am I just being too clingy? What do I do?

Nothing makes me happy, besides her, anymore. Is this healthy? I completely isolate myself from the world so I don't talk to many people, even my family. Its just ripping me apart; I can't help but tear down and just cry at night. I don't know why I feel so lost. I just feel so empty.. I go to school, do what I need to do, talk to friends, and always put on a fake smile. It feels like depression has a tight grip on me, that won't loosen up even a bit. I try to be happy, but it hurts knowing that the 'happiness' I created is false. Please, I need some advice. I'm just stuck at a dead end.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun it is NOT healthy to count on others for happiness that has to come from within ourselves You are depressed then you talk to you parents you doctor a councilor at your school and you get someone to help you ok. You need to be mentally strong yourself hun before getting into any relationship