Can't bring myself to have sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by LostSpirit, Nov 25, 2008.

1. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

As the title states, i just cant do it it, i was raped as a child, so iv always had a problem when it comes to sex, i can go as far as kissing and touching, but to go the full way? scares me, iv not had sex since i split with my BF in 2005, yes thats nearly 3 yrs, some of the relationships i have had since then all break down because they realise i have "issues" its not that i dont want it, i just cant relax or let go,

im starting to think the longer i leave it, the worse it will get, my friend said i just need to " do it" whether i enjoy it or not, because at least it will help me get back into the swing of thing's!!
    but for
    1, i cant just sleep with anyone
    &
    2, if i'm not going to enjoy it, whats the god damn point?!

does anyone else feel this way.....

2. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

you shouldn't have sex until your ready and not pressured into it.
    It might help you get over what happened in the past.
    PM me if you need to talk

3. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Don't let people push you into having sex, only have if you want to and are sure.

There's no point doing it just for the sake, and if these people left because of this 'issue' then I'd say you're better of without them.

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

one day you will find someone who will care and love you enough to understand your ' issues' who will be kind and gentle with you so you will enjoy it.
    when you are ready will be soon enough, dont rush it or just do it for the sake of it hun.

take care

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Maybe another girl would be the way to go, if you're not comfortable with a guy. Don't fret about it, though. If your boyfriends won't accept you for who you are, you don't need them.

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Take as long as you have to in order to get past the fear. Don't let anyone pressure you into having sex including friends. There's no real point in having sex if your not going to enjoy it.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe trying to pleasure yourself with a dildo or vibrator might be a safe way to get back into the swing of things. Take your time. You don't need to rush things. Just go at your own pace, and when your ready for sex again, it will be great.