Can't calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana

My anxiety was really high all day yesterday and again today. I think it's because of what happened last year at this time. I had another messed up dream last night and it's put me in a rut. I feel like such a disappointment to my family and I feel so afraid. That dream really triggered me and I can't think straight right now. I don't remember the last time I felt this scared and I don't know how to calm myself down. There's no one here I can talk to. I feel like I can't even stand being inside my skin.

do you think that it would help to talk about the dream or the events that it relates to?

any thing, person, or place that makes you feel safe?

I think that I feel safer around dogs

you could try something like a breathing meditation

maybe just keep talking here or a hotline

Lana

Thanks. I did see some friends yesterday, which did help a bit. It was just a really weird feeling. It's been a long time since I felt that scared and I couldn't stop it.

Animosity

Forum & Chat Buddy
Hi Lana, :hug:

Are you feeling better now? Has the anxiety gone down? Sometimes what I do when I'm really scared (and this may sound silly) but I go into my bed and snuggle under the blankets so just my head is showing. Idk why but it really calms me. Being warm and snuggly is the best :P

Take care,

Krista

Lana

Thanks Krista, and I am feeling better now. It's kind of funny that you mentioned snuggling up to your blankets with only your head sticking out. I use to do that a lot. I didn't even think to do it, but if it happens again I will.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi hun i was always taught to look around see three things in my room then feel three different things the hear3 different things Phone someone as well as all this grounds me to the present time
I also breath slow breaths in and out that decreases ones anxiety i am glad you are feeling alittle better. h ugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00