cant carry on

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rachel2000, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachel2000

Rachel2000 Member

I feel so bad. I don't have contact with my sons 20. 19. And 17 after leaving an abusive marriage
    I have tried so hard to maintain contact but they are influenced by their
    Dad who is from another culture. I just want to die. I am struggling to work and don't know how to carry on. Does anyone know how to keep going when feeling this bad

2. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Rachel, I dont know if this helps, because my wife decided to walk after 24 years. But it does get better. I have some dreadful days, and then I have some great days. I dont know your situation, but at the risk of using a cliche, time does mend old wounds. just hang in there and take it a day at a time.

3. Rachel2000

Rachel2000 Member

Hi Iain, thanks for your reply. I know
    what you are saying,. I split up with my husband nearly 2 years ago yet it doesnt seem to get any easier to be away from my kids. Do you mind me asking how things started getting better for you

4. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan Well-Known Member

I feel you pain. My ex isn't letting me see or talk to my babies, 9 and 8, simply because she is jealous because her attempt at a new relationship failed miserably and my girlfriend and I are still together and my kids love her. So we haven't seen them since June. It kills me ever day, with some days so much worse than others. It sucks wondering what they're doing right now, or remembering something quirky about them, or a TV show you'd watch together. It really makes you NOT want to go on anymore when you know you wont see them again.

5. Rachel2000

Rachel2000 Member

I know what you mean. I see something that reminds me of my boys every day
    Also dreading christmas. do you have an email to contact them. Sometimes I feel like I am just going through the motions but I guess we must build a life for ourselves too. I sometimes find that little things like watching a movie or reading helps me to get away from it all for a bit. Take care of yourself. Hugs

6. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Sending hugs, Rachel... Have you considered writing heartfelt letters to your kids? It might mean more to them than you think. I would definitely avoid any negativity towards your ex in the letters. It sounds like he has a lot of influence over them, so that might shut them down before they have really heard what you have to say. I care, and I hope you find comfort and hope. :console:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.