Can't connect to SF on new laptop

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kid B, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

I can't log in because SF needs my password and I can't remember what it is. Fair enough, I submit a request to reset password and it says that an email has been sent. However I have done this twice in the last 24 hours and no email has arrived, not even in the spam folder so right now I have to log in here on the old one but would like to access SF on the new laptop.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, try a different browser on your new laptop. ie. Firefox

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

4. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

How would that work, I don't know the password.

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I thought you were internet browser issues. I am sorry for my mis-understanding.

6. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Had to use an older device just to log in, I was sent a new password but it didn't work, same with Digital Spy, had to rest the password, followed the instructions, doesn't work, so what is with that? This is a pity because I miss SF but no point if I can't log in on my new laptop.

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Was told above - will say again - if you would like us to reset the password then we can- email us or send me a private message with what you want me to set as the temp password and then you can log on and change it

8. Freya

I sent a new password already. There is no reason at all that it would not work from our side so I am afraid it is an issue with your laptop, not with SF, so we can't help you. I hope you find a solution.

9. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

It's nothing to do with my laptop, it's not accepting the username and password combination. I hope that the owner will be able to help sort it.

10. Freya

There is nothing that @NYJmpMaster is going to be able to do that I have not already done. I reset your password and there is nothing else that either myself or Ben can do to help you, I am afraid. I would suggest that since you can clearly access SF on your old laptop, you go into your password settings yourself and set yourself a new password - log in with it on your old laptop. Clear the cookies and history on your new laptop and try the new password.

11. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

Good idea, I'll try that.

12. Kid B

Kid B Well-Known Member

And it has worked. I'm in on the new one. [​IMG]

13. Freya

Yay! Excellent. Glad it is sorted.