Can't control eating- HELP!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Woodsmoke, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

I have days when I can be amazingly good. I told my sister to hide all the treats where only she can find them. Good girl, she's done it.

But why, when I know that I am hurting myself, can I not keep away from the bad things?

I am on prozac and I'm not supposed to eat inbetween meals AT ALL, because it's supposed to be fixing my metabolism. Or speeding it up, maybe. I'm not sure.

But I can't stop the cycle of depression-eating-more depression-more eating.

I can't stop crying right now.

I'm not a woman who can't walk because of her weight. But it's getting real bad. I can't stop. This hurts so much- I can't even step out of doors most days because I can't face people!!!

2. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

Hi woodsmoke, I'm sorry things are so difficult for you at the moment. Welldone though for trying to make things easier for yourself by eliminating some possible temptations. Whilst your at home is there anything you like and can do that will take your full attention whilst you are feeling so unhappy? take away the need to help yourself through food? I find if I keep myself busy and have nothing around me that will tempt me then my thoughts of eating can get a bit easier, not always but sometimes this can help. Have you ever tried chewing gum when your anxious?? not sure if this will help but for me it stops me from being hungry and is sometimes like I'm eating, sorry if I sound silly or arent helping. If you need anything though just give a shout on pm x

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

woodsmoke I'm so sorry ....I am the same with food so I don't have advice, just wanted you to know you aren't alone....I eat when I'm not hungry (mostly junk) all the time because I think it fills the gap in my heart...but it doesn't...
    I will be reading this thread with interest for advice ..take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.