Can't Control Myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ðisturbed03, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ðisturbed03

Ðisturbed03 Member

I went to the doctor 1 week ago, and was diagnosed with major depression and social anxiety. I'm only 17 years old and so far my future doesn't look so good. I have severe suicidal thoughts and feelings and my right arm is just scar on top of another scar and so on. I have no social life, friends, never had a girlfriend and in the past 2 years I haven't had a proper conversation with a girl that has lasted without an awkward silence or me having a panic attack. My psychologist said she might be putting me on medication. I've tried everything to help myself but it doesn't work, will this ever end, am I meant to be depressed forever? Can anyone who has gone through this give me advice?
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there.sorry ur feeling like this :hug:
    i can relate alot.i hav major depression n anxiety and im 21.
    mabye if uv tried alot of other means - meds might b a gd do u feel about taking them? x
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Many people begin depression in their teens. It is not unusual. Sometimes it may just be a phase, but sometimes it can be a lifelong struggle. Has the doctor prescribed any meds for you?. I think you should find out at your next appt. it he feels that meds are worth looking into.
  4. Ophelia1600

Ophelia1600 Active Member

I've suffered from depression and suicidial ideation since I was 8. I never even sought help until college. Therapy has never worked. Meds saved my life, but I'll be honest it took quite awhile to get the right mix at the right strength. You should also be aware that recent studies have shown that anti-depressants have a greater chance of suicidal effects in teenagers. I'm not really up on teen medicine, but you need to find a Dr. that is. Most either treat over or under 20 years. If the meds dont work at first keep trying. It may take awhile, but you might just be glad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.