Can't cope anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SnowFallenAngel, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowFallenAngel

SnowFallenAngel Well-Known Member

I just can't carry all this shit around with me anymore. I wasn't born with or learned how to cope with the bad things in life, ya know all the heartache and problems. So all that stuff from childhood is still with me. I found myself thinking about a rabbit I had as a pet when I was a kid and found myself crying about it. I'm 55 years of age.

Do you believe that some people just don't have the ability to be able to cope?

I want out so bad, there is nothing and no one for me here. Mums gone, my little cat Lady is gone, dad is now gone. Nothing here for me. No job, no friends..................the list is endless.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I do understand how the past can ruin the present...have you spoken to someone to see what you can resolve and create a better situation for yourself? I know for me, therapy was critical in reclaiming my life
  3. Nathan :)

Nathan :) Banned Member

You have us, and this site is helpful for stuff like that, you could also seek professional support
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, have you sought any professional help? Medications could really help you cope too. You have to find coping strategies, maybe the first or second ones won't work, it takes time, eventually you will find the ones that suit you. :)
  5. Vivek85

Vivek85 Active Member

"Do you believe that some people just don't have the ability to be able to cope?"

I think what you might be suffering from is more a lack of effective coping resources, human and inanimate, rather than an inability to cope.

Please, when you get the impulse to end your life, immediately try to get professional help.

There are emergency phone numbers readily accessible to you in dark times, and professionals can surely handle these issues more effectively than me or untrained others.

You said "there is nothing and no one for me here". I think you could possibly find profound fulfillment by living for someone special who you've not yet found, like a new friend. You've said that "the list is endless" in reference to your problems, but the list of what you could do for yourself and others could be endless too. Create and embrace this list of positive possibilities.

Don't lock yourself into a self-destructive, conclusive judgment. Seek professional help. I don't think you'll regret it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.