can't cope anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of suicide all the time right now. Can't get it out of my mind. Here's background if anyone cares: http://suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=94805 I have no friends to turn to, and no one in the family either. I kind of just want to get it over with. I feel no hope of recovering anymore. I cannot cope with this situation. I'm extremely sad and lonely and hopeless and completely unmotivated. Even to the point of not eating, even though I'm hungry and need it.

What should I do?

GoldenPsych

First thing go see your doc. They will point you in direct of health professionals who may be useful to you.

It may also be worth calling a hotline about it. They are trained to help you when you are in crisis.

WHen you feel bad try distraction techniques. Writing helps me. I come on here read and reply. I'll try writing a blog post. Anything to take my mind off it. It may be worth giving that a go.
x

Why should I see my doc? Docs have given me zero help in curing acne, except for blood tests I have requested. They have been terribly incompetent, sorry to say.

I figured out on my own what is wrong with me: insulin resistance. I just don't know how to reverse it. I went to a diabetes doc and I had to educate HER about my condition. If doctors are the best advice i'm gonna get here, then I'm positively screwed.

I wish I could find a girl that would accept my skin problems. But I don't believe that.

GoldenPsych

Apparently there is someone for everyone. But who knows. Have you tried going on a sun bed once a week. The sun always helped my friend and in the summer hers was much better. I know in a previous post you said you don't wanna show your body but on a sunbed it's private. Obs don't go on too much but 3 minutes a week shouldn't harm you.

Mental health is a massive issue. They can sign post you to different services and it may help. What have you got to lose?

x

GoldenPsych,

Sunbeds don't do anything for me except give me a tan. Re your friend, it could be the vitamin D she's getting in the summer. I, however, keep high vitamin D levels year round. Bottom line: sunbeds do not help my skin.

Re: mental health, I guess you're talking about therapy. I tried that, didn't help.

Well, if anyone got diabetes type 2 or insulin resistance, hit me up and I'll tell you how to improve it. I at least managed to do that much on my own, although the rest of the way seems impossible.

doityourself

Please visit your doctor, not for therapy, not for acne treatment, for you, your mind and your body. Once you get a little peace inside, you will be able to think more clearly.

Please dont give up, keep yourself safe.

Does your family know whats going on? Can you go visit a parent or sibling for a couple of days?

GoldenPsych

Have they tried your with metformin at all? I have that for polycystic ovaries which is also to do with insulin resistance.

It can take a while to find the right kind of therapy. I tried a few different ones and have only just found a person I feel comfortable with, with her and her approach. Look in to it again. You really should visit your doc. See a different GP if you need to. They are not all useless.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It sounds like you're very depressed and as a result have appetite loss :( You need to discuss this with your doctor, you need to get some help and meds, gl xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00