Cant cope with loss

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Zooty, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Ive come to relise i cant cope with loss... iive been unhappy since probabaly my 3rd year of uni which i only went in for 1 day a week (and still passed, got a third) during this year my grandmas was very ill and passed away shortly before the exams it didnt really affect me or at least i didnt think it did.... its 3 years on now and im stacking shelves in a super market part time as i cant bear to be there full time ive wasted my education and no matter how much job seeking i do nothing ever comes of it.

Anyway since that year ive been put on prozac twice and i would say its saved my life, anyway these 2 episodes were ruining a 12 year long friendship and comming out of a relationship which was a year ago. The second more recently was some girl i was in love with just using me, she even told me not to get involved as she would hurt me but i didnt listen. I got so close to her because she was the only person to ask me daily how i was feeling and she genuinly seemed to take an interest in my life and praised me when i worked hard on something, even when i got my degree i only got a gratz off my immediate family, i worked my arse off for 2 (and a bit) years and none of my friends seemed to appreciate that.

back on story... the two events that triggerd me being bed ridden for weeks until the lack of sleep has made me get help have been losses of friendship or people i care about. I'm 23 nearly 24 and i feel middle aged already, I had to choose my life at far too an early age i just did computer science at uni as its what i was into when 17? but i wont be able to stand doing it for the rest of my life i want to retrain but while im depressed im not enjoying anything so no idea what to retrain as. im sure once i get a solid job il meet new people and will feel a lot better about myself but i dont know how to get there... do i retrain in something i might not like, get another crap job or stick it out n wait for something i might enjoy to come along. i just dont know and all the time i think about that girl shes in my head all the time because she was by far the best thing to happen to me for a long time. :S

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello,
    I think you are on the right trac, to continue your education. You should just focus on that for now. The girlfriend I don't know what to tell you. It sounds like to me that you grew up and she didn't. She still wants that wild life. Trust me someone else will come along!!
    I am sorry you are hurting, but that is a stage in greiving. You will probably go thru anger next. Just be careful you don't turn that anger torwards your self. You have had to deal with life alot sooner than others. Thats why I say not to turn the anger on yourself. Right now you need to try positive self talk.What are some of your hobbies? Doing something that you like is also a good way to keep those negative thoughts at bay. I hope you feel better soon...:chopper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.