Can't cope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Josh12345, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh12345

Josh12345 New Member

I am way behind in my college work and just feel it's way to hard . I do not want to drop out because I don't want to let my family down but don't know what to do and just feel depressed all the time . I feel as I should just end it now

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Josh what you do is go to the councilors at the school and ask for support ok. Let them know how you are feeling overwhelmed and you need perhaps tutoring or more time to get projects done. talk to someone who can give you the supports you need to succeed ok That is what they want students that succeed so talk to someone a councilor ok hugs

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Josh, I was going to write the same thing that total Eclipse wrote. School counselors are often the best. Can you check that out?? They are SO used to kids feeling this way. Its not as uncommon as you might think. But it is important to get help,of course.

4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

You could also consider taking a lighter class load, at least until you get used the schedule.

5. OldGuy

OldGuy Active Member

When I was in college I had similar feelings. I went to the school's health center and got psychological counseling. It was very helpful just to be able to talk to someone about the fears and pressure I was feeling. It didn't make it go away but helped me to manage those feelings and be productive.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all great suggestions Josh just don't sit and do nothing ok reach out to the supports that are there for students to use hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.