Can't do anything about it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NavalKnight, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NavalKnight

NavalKnight New Member

Ok. So I am in the Navy. As far as the Navy is concerned, I don't really have a problem with it. I do my job to the best of my ability, always get told im doing a good job, and my superiors are always nice to me.

The problem I have is with people. People are stupid. They get us all into trouble.

But that is neither here nor there.

As of late (Forever) I have felt underappreciated. As a kid I didn't talk much becuase no one was my friend. I only spoke to my parents and I didn't talk to anyone else unless instructed to. Around 9th grade I started talking to people. I was picked on becuase I have dandruff, and I was a bigger kid. I had a girlfriend, who cheated on me three times, and I decided on my own accord that i was not going to date her anymore, so I left her. Around 11th grade, I found another girl. We dated for 7 years. It was fun. But when she wanted to marry me, I was unstable. Financialy and working wise. So I declined. And then My dad retired from the Air Force, and I moved. I went to CalPoly San Luis Obispo for a while, then Enlisted in the Navy. I get depressed often. I often feel like no one wants to be around me. I get ditched all the time and it feels like no one truly appreciates me. I am honest, and all the friends who say they are my friends tell me that im like a brother. nothing more. I can never be anything more to anyone. When I want to talk to someone, I just scare them away. I tried to talk to someone here, but she told her superiors who told my superiors and It was a factor that resulted in my being ejected from the class I was in. That and being Cocky and Arrogant. I don't think I am either. The people I talk to on a regular basis say the same when I ask. But I think they think the same way. I am not good enough. Anyway, Now I am without a job in the navy, and no signing bonus. Workwise, im told im a good person. Personality wise, im told that im not so much. My boss has said directly to me that I am a "ouchebag and a digrace to the Navy." I don't think I am. I work hard. I do what I am told to do to the best of my ablity.

The Reason I feel the way I do most of the time is because I get ditched. Often. People will invite me out, and then either go out without me, or take me, and leave me out there. Both have happened. Everyone says I should get new friends, but I feel that I am inadequite for everyone. Especially women. I am a social butterfly. I love to speak, I give great speeches. I am an awesome talker. But I am also Honest. I have a sense of Honor. I won't mess with a drunk girl. I don't hurt people. I hate fighting. I don't think that this is what women want usually though. I just hate it. I hate how everyone relies on me to do things, and when I need help, no one can. Its stupid. At night, it gets worse. If something goes south about 5ish, then I just take 9 or 10 sleeping pills and sleep and hope everything gets better in the morning. I have trust issues with people becuase of the girl here, and I have papertrail paranoia naturally. Its hard. I just feel so hopeless. Like I will never be good enough for anyone. I have varied intrests and Its often hard to find someone I like. most of my friends who have demonstrated trust, I trust. but its only one or two. I don't talk to anyone really about how I feel anymore though. It feels like everytime I do, I just get more lost, and they always are like "I can't help you." I know its true too. I just don't know what to do anymore and I just want to end this stupid suffering. I feel that Suicide is an answer. But I know its not. But Im running out of things to do. Help? suggestions?

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm sorry things are hard for you...I can relate to the paranoia thing, anxiety can be treacherous but since I've been taking meds, I feel less paranoia and I'm more balanced emotionally...

Have you concidered seeing a therapist or a psychiartrist? They could help you with depression and paranoia...or they could be a good ear and support for you every week...help you get some social skills and all...

3. NavalKnight

NavalKnight New Member

Yeah, I tried that. They just give you a test, and then I was shuffled off to doctor after doctor. It just became tiresome. No one it seems ever has time for me. therefore, I have no one to talk to. Its hard. I hate it.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just wanted to say welcome to SF. :hug: My PM box is always open if you want to talk.

5. NavalKnight

NavalKnight New Member

Arigato gozaimasu. Thank you WildCherry.

6. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

You can't be as bad as me, so take that as a compliment.

I'd be the receiver of every curse known to man, if I didn't scurry away and hide in my hole.

I know telling you this doesn't help you. Then again, coming here to solve your problems isn't going to help much either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  7. morning rush

we might not solve problems but we're here to support one another and give advice...

8. morning rush

Wow okay, hmm what kind of doctor did you see? I never passed any test...do you have a health center that could maybe give you information on how to get someone???

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know if you need meds because I am not a doctor.. But I do think therapy would help you.. You will learn coping skills, and how not to discount you positive thoughts..Give it a go and see if it doesn't help...Try going to your local VA hospital and see if they can help... It takes time to build that bond between you..So give it a fair chance.. Sometimes you have to go thru a couple therapist before you find one you can deal with..Good Luck!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.