Can't Do Anything Right

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by BlackPegasus, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Every time I think I'm of some use I'm always being proven I'm wrong. Every time I think something is going right in my life it all goes down hill. Nothing ever last long. Either I screw it up in some way or else I'm just made to feel i am totally worthless and unwanted. Tired of feeling less important than everyone else. Maybe they need to outlaw the existence of people like me. I'm a waste of space. :cry:
  2. BlackPegasus

I can't handle any more people jumping on me...does nobody care what a hard time I'm going through??? Just needed to vent that. Bad day!!!
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

nobody is a waste of space, we all have the right to live our lives as we want and we are no better or worse than anyone else.

i understand how you feel tho as i was once there but it can be overcome, its not easy but with determination and courage it can be done.

first step is to stop putting yourself down....... you are a wonderful strong person who has alot to give to yourself and others, you are brave to put yourself on show here as we all are.

you just need to find yourself again.

take care

4. BlackPegasus

Thanks andy! I truly appreciate your response. :hug:

I am realizing that I have been over stretching myself. I've been involved in too many things and it spreads me too thin. I need to cut down on things I'm involved in so I can focus on a few things I really care about and can contribute to. I need to eliminate unnecessary stress which means I need to to resign from one particular group. Not easy but I cannot move on and focus on what I need to focus on if I stay involved. I guess I've known it for a month now.

I also need to stick to a very small group of trusted friends and take a lot more time to decide if I trust anyone new. Just the same way I feel about finding a man. Not in a hurry.

Well just trying to be positive here.
  5. Your resiliency shines through in ALL your posts BP... that makes you worthwile indeed. Your post above, for instance, is a very 'sensible' way to ease your stress. Simply (ok - wrong word) defining it and writing it is a positive exercise and a step in the right, best direction for you.

A LOT of people have been where you've been. But not many stand where you are now...

You GO Girl!

6. BlackPegasus

You wanna know what is really amazing....well those here who are close friends know what my other "job" is. Anyway, what surprised me is that the one's who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers and also understood my need to step back from things for a while were those I work with.

It wasn't the group of people I thought would have been there for me no matter what. They've actually not even contacted me or considered how much I'm going through. That is what shocked me so much yesterday. Not one real expression of concern. Not one of them asked how I was really doing. Actually, there was one who tried to help me. I can't deny that. Doesn't make it easier thinking about that. Such a hard decision I've made. It hurts to let down those I care about. :(

Well one good thing...those amazing on-line friends who've stuck with me through it all. You guys have never wavered in your friendship. :grouphug:
  7. I loved, and lost, and rediscovered, and also... had to let go of quite a (sad) number of people in my life, through my own seemingly endless ordeals, over many (too many) years. There are always surprises - some good, some not so good.

In the end (so far anywaze), I found that these losses were not a reflection on me, nor on those others - but that our paths had simply parted. It's especially hard however, when you're going through hell, and others cannot relate (walk a mile in your shoes)...however, there are some who will give you "the benefit of the doubt" - they trust/believe your pain, even though they may likely not be able to remedy it. And those are the treasures - because you can be 'naked' before them, and not feel shame...

(s'cuse my l'il FAL philosophy 101) :smile:
  8. BlackPegasus

You are so right. I really like the people in this particular group and they say they like me but it's just one of those moments when I feel our paths should part. I need to move in a new direction. With the exception of one from the group who seems to have turned against me since the abuse was brought up. It's happen in other areas... I just knew when it was time to move on. It actually came as a relief to me once I decided. Our lives have those turning points ever so often.

And yes I've ran across some treasures in places i never expected. It always happens that when others get really nasty I am surprised to find those who truly care. I guess fate leads them there at the right time.
  9. I think it's a blessing to be able to realize/recognize those 'good' things (and yes, they do come at unexpected times - no guarantees, but always welcome when they do arrive). It makes me glad that you can 'see' these things... :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.