cant do it anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pachrissy, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pachrissy

pachrissy Well-Known Member

ive been feeling this way for awhile now. ive been in the hospital several times. i dont want to do that again. but i cant endure this anymore. i feel trapped. i sit and plan all day. thats the onlyh thing i think about. i try to stay distracted but the thoughts end up back there again. im on meds and they dont work either. the pain is too much
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi sorry your suffering right now the pain you feel will pass I know you said you were on meds how long it takes 6 weeks before meds kick in. If so maybe time to try newer meds out now. Therapy with medication works the best. Depression is treatable you just have to keep trying the meds until you find one that helps. Please reach out and call crisis line in you need help just to talk they will just talk to you if you tell them youdon't intend to committ sucide Tell them you just are feeling depressed and need some support. You reach out now keep reaching out okay :rose:
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

wow, i could have written that exact same post. I am not sure what to say, except that I hear how much pain and agony you are in and I wish there was a way to make it better for you. I know it hurts like hell to feel this way. You sound strong though even amidst the turmoil, hang on a bit longer if you can.
  4. pachrissy

im not really that strong. and i dont see a way out. i cant go on feeling like this. i feel trapped with only 1 choice. one way to end the pain. ive been planning for a while. just making the decision makes me feel better.almost a relief.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should talk to your pdoc and tell him/her that your meds aren't helping.. You may need a regimine of meds to fight the different problems.. I am on six meds and for the most part they are helping..You also should find a good therapist so you can learn how to cope with these thoughts..A therapist will help you learn to cope.. I have suicidal thoughts everyday and my therapist tells me I will have them the rest of my life.. The trick is to learn to survive with them..Suicide is not the answer!!!
  6. pachrissy

my therapist also told me that he doesnt know if the thoughts will ever go. its getting very hard to deal with. right now they are very overwhelming. i get tired of fighting them. and just dont want to deal with them anymore. i feel trapped with no way out.
  7. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought about another kind of therapy? You, it's said there're more 200 hundred. Maybe your meds aren't the good one for you, but the therapy either. I have a moto = when it doesn't work change. That way you're in control. It changed a lot. Does your therapist help you find the roots fo why you feel so? Does he offer solutions or proposes you think that could help you? The key is, don't let yourself down. All of us feel down here, sometimes days and days, or months and months. But we're here for each others too. Can someone who knows better about the types of therapies can post here please?
  8. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

You dont have to deal with the thoughts by yourself, go to a hospital, schedule more sessions with your therapist, you need to feel connected to people right now so you can fight the thoughts, you don't have to struggle alone. At least talk to us if you can, that trapped feeling is a horrible feeling, hopefully we can help lessen its intensity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.