can't enjoy other people's company

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Mordeci, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So basically I was at this party/fundraiser and for once people were talking to me, I was actually socializing. Their was no paranioa and for the most part the people there (although they knew who I was I had no idea who they were, terrible with names) seemed generially intrested in my life and what I had to say. But it wasn't enough, the whole experince made me feel empty, like I couldn't enjoy their company, or that their company was not enough to satisfy me. The whole experince has left me really confused actually, I am not sure what to do next.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you have had difficulty in social situations in the past, it will take time for you to feel less guarded and more comfortable...give yourself credit for doing so well and see if next time, you can be more present...best of luck and good work, J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

confusion is okay minds way of trying to figure out everything. I think you went you did not leave you tolerated the people there you did great. Next time you may even permitt yourself to feel something. Like Sadeyes said it takes time for change to happen give yourself credit for what you did accomplish:hugtackles:

4. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

Glad you opened up. It will become better next time. Make sure you surround yourself with right people.

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Hopefully I don't know when I will get such an oppurtunity again though.

6. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

just relax & present in the moment when you are in a social gathering so you can enjoy their company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.