Can't ever stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xXWhateverItTakesXx, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

So two days ago I cut for the first time in a long time..It made me feel so much better and I don't ever want to quit. I know it's an addiction, I admit to that but unlike drink or drugs it doesn't do me any internal damage or it won't kill me. It just helps me gain control when I am so low. I know I won't ever be able to stop for good but if it helps me cope and get through each day I don't see the issue. It's far less destructive than other methods I could use and it's not "normal" but then nor am I. I am a very messed up person with a messed up mindset.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes it helps short term only ok you need to find something that will help you long term hun the damages of self harm are not only external but internal ok mentally
  3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

i used to SH by ODing on my painkillers. taking quite a few at a time and i did this for a very long time and after i went into hospital last year with kidney failure (not from ODing but an infection) i stopped that. but i dont think i can stop cutting, it just works too well and i have some degree of control over it. i just can't give it up...
  4. lakenb

lakenb Active Member

I'm not condoning it, but I understand where you are coming from, before I quit, I continued to use it frequently until I found a suitable replacement, nothing will give you the release that cutting does, at last not that I've found, but there are things that can help you so I suggest do what works for you right now and try to find something that can replace it.
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I know where you are coming from WhateverItTakes I feel the same & the deeper I cut the better the relief regardless of the blood
  6. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Your not messed up! Every person who self-harms have similar feelings to you! I understand where your coming from :hug:
  7. xXWhateverItTakesXx

Thank you...need the support right now <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.