Can't fight much longer

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jegsu34, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jegsu34

jegsu34 Member

I am still feeling very depressed, like there is no end in sight. I don't know how much longer I can hold on. I have already hurt myself and now I want to really do some damage. I am having thoughts of killing myself. I know I should propably go to the hospitalbut explaining it to my parents is very difficult. They do not want to talk about depression or even get close to it. They are ones that say depression is just something that comes and goes nothing to worry about. Everyone gets depressed at one time or another and it will just go away.

2. Dfa87

Dfa87 Member

Hi, I know its tough to have parents who do not understand what depression is. But you can go see a physician, you dont need to go to hospital. Your parents will not know about that. Are you taking medication?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun i am sorry your parents just do not understand truly what depression is. It can be treated and you can talk to your doctor ok about it and get some meds to help or some therapy Maybe your doctor can explain to your parents for you that depression is an illness and needs to be treated h ugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.