cant find a reason to live anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeishopeless, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been on the edge for a long time. I'm life has no meaning. I'm seventeen years old and I'm not doing anything with my life. I'm not going to school. Everything is falling apart. I don't have any friends can't get a girlfriend. I'm just a loser and failure at life. I'm tired of feeling like every time I leave to house someone is going to judge me

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Why did you drop out of school? At 17 you can get back in quite easily i'd imagine. What has been going on for you? You can talk to us here, I can definitely understand the anxiety, I am a fellow sufferer.

:hugs:

3. I dropped out of school do to me having anxiety and depression at the time (which has gotten worse). I was not necessarily bullied all the time but I was some. I basically always tried to fit in at school, have nice clothes, and I let get to me. Plus having a lot of family problems going on killed my focus. Its just became really hard for me to focus on my school work, so I basically gave up and dropped out.

I don't have many friends if any. I don't really do anything but sit at home. Every time I go out I just feel like I'm going to be judged and my confidents is very low. I have bad social anxiety now as well.

I'm lost, don't know what to do, where to turn to. My mind is always all over the place and I just can't focus on the things that I know I need to do to accomplish my goals.

Someone people has called me a failure, a loser, saying that I'm not going to make anything of myself and now I'm starting to believe it. And it has actually gotten to the point where I'm always downing myself. Telling myself that I'm worthless

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

You're not a failure nor a loser. You are your own worst critic if you let yourself think like that. People are supposed to make mistakes to succeed.

Forgive yourself from the mistakes you made and move foward, it's easier said than done.

5. I just don't know how much more I can take before I do something irrational and just fall of the edge. I'm always having bipolar moments. One minute I feel fine and I feel like I have a great head on my shoulders but other times I feel all my problems come back down. Maybe I have to much times on my hands

6. darweenian

darweenian Member

You are more than a poor student or a dropout; there are qualities in you that grades and school attendance sheets can't measure. What would you say those are? Are you a good listener, someone who appreciates small beauties that go unnoticed most of the time, etc? I've been a terrible student for three years (I almost got kicked out of university twice), and though it's made me totally miserable it's also helped me realize that I have more dimensions than "failing student," and that those other dimensions can be valuable, too.

The bipolar moments can be good things, I've found. They help me remember that sometimes I can see beauty in the world, and that makes things seem a little sweeter. When that's impossible, I've forced myself to wait three days to see if things get better; somehow they always do, even if it's just a tiny step away from the precipice.

I send you all the virtual hugs that can be communicated through a computer screen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.