Can't focus, can't function...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by messedupmarionette, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messedupmarionette

messedupmarionette Active Member

This is my first year at college, and I feel like I'm completely doing myself in. On one hand, I feel like I'm trying as hard as I can--but as hard as I can't isn't very hard by most people's standards. I wake up in the morning and feel like shit. I have a hard time sleeping even when I'm exhausted, and I feel like I have so much I need to do--but I can't do any of it! It's infuriating! I know that I need to study for my midterm and that I need to do my homework, but as soon as I pick it up I feel as if I'm about to have a panic attack because there's just SO MUCH that I have to do. Even when I do it I get shitty grades. I feel like I'm fucking up one of the best opportunities of my life and I can't stop. I cut and I've had a few panic attacks, I have bad self esteem issues and I just feel shitty, physically and emotionally, all the time and it's really interfering with my school. And I'm about to fuck it up for life.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Don't give up, try a tutor they can help with your lessons and teach you study skills. Maybe sit down with a school couselor and let them know how overwhelmed you are. Just keep trying because you are not a failure as long as you try!!! I wish you the best and hope you try what I have suggested!!!Take Care!!!~Joseph~

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I almost failed out of college and today I have a doctorate from an Ivy league university...as they say, it is not where you start, it is where you finish...that being said, are there support services that you can use to get through this rough time??? maybe both academic and emotion guidance would be helpful...sorry things are so rough, but please know that ppl like me have gotten through time...wishing you all the best, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.