Can't focus

hope_cope_nope

I have this feeling again. I can't sit calmly, I can't focus. can't work. Just as if something really urgent hapened, like a disaster somewhere there and I want to run to fix it, but I can't.

It might not sound too dramatic, but I feel really bad.

I can't affort to take a break from work. Is there anyone here who wants to talk?

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, I get that. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

Have you tried the chat rooms yet? Usually helps to distract me from some bad thoughts, or talk them out.

hope_cope_nope

Thank you, but I'm not good at chatting and 1-to-1 conversations. I prefer the forum format. It's much slower and you have time to think.

Anyone wants to talk here?

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you, but I'm not good at chatting and 1-to-1 conversations. I prefer the forum format. It's much slower and you have time to think.

Anyone wants to talk here?
That's no problem, gotta do what works for you. I can talk to you here for a bit if you like, I can't promise solutions or advice, but I will for sure read/listen and be here for you.

hope_cope_nope

I don't know. Maybe it's panic attack?

I feel like I want to run, but I can't move. This weird feeling of urgency, like something bad is happening. I try to block emotions most of the time. Maybe they're surfacing.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Possibly, that sounds awful. I'm sorry it's happening :(

Do you have any coping methods that help get you through it?

Rockclimbinggirl

SF climber
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What about grounding yourself?
One exercise is naming 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch/feel, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell and 1 thing you can tasts.

hope_cope_nope

Sounds like ACT/mindfulness technique. I'm not a very big fan of such. They don't address the problem and I read a book that explicitly stated that ACT techniques do not improve mood and it was never their stated goal.

The psychology schools I approve are: Schema Therapy, CBT and Problem Solving Therapy. But it is very hard to find a qualified therapist. Bios of most therapists are a worse lie than my CV.

Let me make it clear: I don't want to "distract" myself, I want to focus.

Fox

I also experience this these days.
It is probably the heat the causes this brain fog.
Try taking cold showers and eat well.
Hopefully things will turn out ok.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00