1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't funtion...at all

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shattered_oblivion, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered_oblivion

Shattered_oblivion Active Member

I have social anxiety, ptsd, and a couple other things. I can't function at all in a group that has more than four people inculding me. I had to drop out of school and get my GED because of it, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do for college or even when I get a job. I feel like I'm going to fail my entire life all because I find it difficult to cope with these problems of mine. But being in larger groups makes me feel like I can't breathe, let along talk or anything else. It really hampers my ability to follow some of the things I love, like singing. I just wanted to get this out there.

2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Did you ever see a therapist?

3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I know just how you feel...but I think with time it can improve. If you can talk to people about it, it may help take away some of the anxiety that your life will be a failure. Do you have one friend you could single out? Cause it definitely helps to talk if you don't have the pressure of too many people. If not, a therapist or your GP would be willing to talk, and you know that they aren't there to judge. Just keep getting stuff out there :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.