can't get over it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nikolai, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikolai

nikolai New Member

i think of killing myself all the time. it's the only thing that brings me comfort, but it's also driving me crazy. i know i have a pathetic reason for wanting to kill myself.. my girlfriend of four years and i broke up eight months ago and i can't get over it. it's just getting harder every day. the worst part is i'm the one who screwed it up and i have to live with that regret, knowing i ruined the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. i can't face the thought of dealing with that for the rest of my natural life. basically i'm an insecure person, incapable of handing life by myself, pathetic, alone, and a coward on top of everything else. because i know how much ending my life would hurt my family but i still feel like i can't handle this pain any longer. every time i see a bridge or a tall building it's all i can think about. i wake up with these thoughts every single morning and it brings me to sleep every night. i can't see how this will ever get any better.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your breakup...I understand how hard that is...
    I think you need to get some professional help....grief counceling may help and see your doctor because you sound pretty depressed...
    I'm glad you're thinking of your family because they would be devestated and their lives will never be the same again....
    I know you won't believe me but you can get through this and go on to get another relationship in the future...
    I hope you;ll keep posting here so we can offer support....

3. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

I am really sorry to hear about your break-up sweetheart :hug: They can be really hard on anyone and sometimes impossible to cope through. Are you currently see a counsellor? If not then I would advise you to. Best of luck pet! xo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.