Can't go on like this

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by vrc, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vrc

    vrc New Member

    Right now I am having a hard time trying to go on. My wife left me about four years ago taking our kids which I haven't seen since. Some how she got a divorce from me with out me knowing of course and haas remarried. I could handle that but I want to see my children again really bad. I am afraid of what she might be saying to them about me and I don't know how they are. I also have a very large debt and I will never be able to finish college, which is very important to me. I currently work part time and live in a sleeping room and often wondering where my next meal is coming from. I feel like this is all I to look forward to and I just don't want to go on like this. I know I am better than this but can't find any help anywhere. I can't even afford to hire a lawyer to try to see my children. The people I talked to so far insist that since I didn't finished college I am not able to and I had one who accually said I was delusional for wanting to go back. They said this with out even talking to me first, needless to say I have given up on mental heath professionals and I have no where else to turn.
  2. WildCherry

    WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

    You arent' delusional for wanting to finish college. I want the same thing; I went to college right after high school, but I didn't graduate. So I'm trying to do the same thing ... go back after several years. There's a lot of financial aid out there (I've got some debts too, so there's no way I could pay my own way).

    You've got rights where your kids are concerned. It's not fair that your ex took them from you and doesn't let you see them.
  3. shades

    shades Staff Alumni

    Welcome to SF. I hope you will find this site helpful to you in one way or another. There are many caring and intelligent people who are involved in this forum

    As to your situation. I have never heard of a case where someone obtained a divorce without the knowledge of the other party, unless they were unable to locate him/her.

    In the U.S. there are attorney services which provide general information free of charge and you can find them on-line. Also, I do not believe that the fact you have not finished college has anything to do with being able to see your children. Who told you that?

    Also, as stated above, there is financial aid available for school. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to...I will respond.
  4. pit

    pit Well-Known Member

    Are there any mental health support groups near you? I've attended them in the past, and they've done wonders for me. I listened to everyone's story, realized everybody goes through different kinds of pain and got strength from there. I even made friends from there. Maybe a support system like that could help you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.