can't go on - update

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by frantic, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure where I should put this. I just wanted to let especially Ravens know that I took the advice and revived something I loved doing as a child: sewing.
    We bought a really nice sewing machine in a beat up box at a pawn shop yesterday, when we came home and took it out of the box we realized it is brand new, never even been out of the box. I looked it up on Amazon, and we paid way less than it would have cost us there.

So, that totally made my day, and I am very excited to get started. I don't know how something so simple can be such a huge turnaround in how I feel.
    I used to sew on my mom's machine when I was a kid, she taught me, and I always enjoyed it. Now I can't wait to do it again.

So, bottom line is, I no longer feel suicidal. I have something to be really excited about, something to look forward to. I still can't sleep though, three hours last night. But at least for now I'm safe. :)
  2. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Im so glad I could help a bit and you are feeling better today! To see this post made me feel better today as well. That is awesome you have something to get back into, and its creative you can make all kinds of stuff. I remember I had a lot of fun in sewing class back in school actually. That is until I overheated my machine lol(it started smoking) funny memories. This is a great step, whenever you are stressed/sad you can funnel that energy into something productive, and in fact you have added inspiration for me to do the same in my life. It is good to be excited about something and I bet your energy will increase and who knows maybe in time you will find another hobby you enjoy. Great step you took it shows you are truly trying to change, take it one day at a time and take care :).
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Way to go hun have fun sewing all kind of nice things for you hun hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.