Can't Go On.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by impulse617, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impulse617

impulse617 Well-Known Member

I think I've hit my breaking point, I just don't think I can continue on any longer. I'm just so emotionally drained from fighting everyday. I'm always telling myself "o things will get better soon" or "don't worry, maybe things will be better tommorow" even tho deep down, I know its all BS. Things are never going to get better.

Nobody will miss me when I'm gone, so why stay? If I had just 1 person who would truly miss me if I were to kill myself right now, I would be very surprised. I feel like me being here is useless and meaningless. I honestly think those around me will be much happier without me, so what's the point? I guess I have to stop being selfish and end this.

Idk how much longer I have left, I don't even know how I'm going to get through this week.....It would take a miracle.

I know what I have to do......
  2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I know what you have to do to. Try. I know it's hard but try anyway. The the day to kick itself in it's arse and live to try another day.

You have been a member here for a longtime. Tell me, was there a triggering event recently that has brought you to this point?
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Try and let us know what's going on right now in a little detail; it would give us a chance to try and help you figure it out.
  4. beforetheworst

beforetheworst Active Member

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear how shit things are for you at the moment! It can be soooo hard, living.

But I do want you to know that people do care and people would miss you. No matter how impossible you think that is, it's true!

It's 6 months to the day that I lost a friend to suicide. He didn't think anyone liked him, or loved or cared about him. That's one of the reasons he committed suicide. However, over 500 people turned up to his funeral. It was completely overwhelming. If only he could have seen that. I really hope he did. I hope he eventually realised how many people loved him, even though that didn't seem possible when he was alive.

But please know that people care, even if you don't think so, they do!! I care!! There is one ok?

Please don't do anything yet, let us try and help you and support you.

Take Care and stay safe.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well maybe the point isn't that you need people to miss you when you're gone. Maybe the point is to stay and discover what happiness is for yourself. Happiness is is not the regular experience of many of us here, and some never. But it is possible, and it is the direction in which I, and many others of us here, are moving in. It is something that is worth discovering. It may be found in different places for everyone. You just haven't found your place yet.

It is worth sticking around for you! Not for anyone else, but that you may experience a life worth living. However that may look.

Either way, I know where you are, I know how you feel. I'm here for you, we're here for you. Keep posting. Also, many members offer their pm box open in case you wanna talk in private. So, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here :heart:
  6. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

Things eventually get better. They do. Once you've hit bottom it's hard to just stay there. Eventually things start to look up. I know life can get so hard, things seem so hopeless and empty and people try to help but never have that PERFECT thing to say to make things better. But that is what life is, the journey.

People will miss you if you die. THEY WILL. The most selfish thing you could do is kill yourself. It's a way out that hurts everyone but you. People wont be happier without you, honestly. Nobody is happier when someone kills them self.

You will make it, you have to fight to live. So many people want to live, they fight Cancer and beg not to die in wars and of sickness... you can't waste it. The chances of you coming into existence were so rare, so small. We are only here this small amount of time and then we shut off, like a broken tv. You need to talk to someone, doesn't have to be a therapist or your mom (although you prob should). You need to find a therapy group, a circle where you can talk but only if you want to. Hell, where do you live? If it's close to me I'll go with you. People care I swear. I am a stranger and I care, I'm sure the peopel that know you would to.

Finally, this is the advice I always close out with. If you are at a point, a rock bottom place... then u are lucky because the world truly is open to you. You can leave, start over, work anywhere, no chains keeping you to where you are. BAIL! Get out of there and go reinvent yourself somewhere else. If life is so hard you would actually end it, leave. Don't worry about telling anyone or how people will react because all that matters is you. Live. Good luck...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.