can't go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So I am sitting in my apartment and I realize that my future is going to be miserable. I thought I could become an artist a painter or a writer but I am a terrible painter and as a writer I am a hack, even took local in each classes, nobody got my work, couldn't paint for the life of me and they thought my writing was to dark. Thought I could go into psychology but that will take to long and I will be too old by the time I finish med school or get my doctrine. So that leaves me in my current postion Law school which I can't get excited about, and I hate the work with such a burning passion I can't even begin to describe. Beyond that I have been living in this city for about three years and I have made no contacts, no friends, I have nothing but material possesions. I don't see the point in living when my future is just misery.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Andy. You know, getting into Law School is quite an accomplishment. Instead of trying to get into another career, stay in Law School and become a lawyer. You can always paint and write as your hobbies, but practicing law is a great way to earn money. Lawyers make some good money, if you can get some clients. You basically can charge them whatever you want. Everyone needs a lawyer at some point.

3. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew, I know how hard it is to take a decision about future career. I am in that position now. It is a hard and patience requiring process. I am strengthened by the belief that I will have a good future and hope.

4. Live_life

Live_life Member

Hello there, No matter what you are in life or what you become or don't become then know that this is not a reason to lose hope. I did'nt know what i wanted to become for a very long time. I kept getting evil whispers in my head that i will never become anything in life but these are only whispers that try to get a person down. We must reject the whispers of satan for he is our sworn enemy.

We must also realise is that death is not the solution or a quick fix way of ending our problems, stresses or life in general. It is just the beginning and depending on how we lived our life that is how we will be after death. Death is not a never ending sleep for it is the beginning of eternal life and if you take yours then you are doing exactley what those evil thoughts in your head is wanting you to do.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: preaching/religious content>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey lots of people go into school late in life because that is how long it takes some to truly know what their interest are. You go take psychology take what you are interested in and enjoy it okay. Age does not matter here at all. YOur passion is what matters

6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I really don't see the point in going foward, I am thinking of ending it right now. This world is a very cruel place and their is nothing I can do about it. I have no talents, no redeeming qualities, nothing that would make people intreasted in me, I have nothing to offer anyone. It's getting really hard to live day by day I just don't want to deal with the hassel of it all. I can see how this is going to end, me, dead, alone, in my aparment, probably for at least a month, because no one will notice I am gone. I would say there is nothing left for me to do but say goodbye but honestly their is no one who cares enough about me to say good bye too.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you will have alot to give if you become a lawyer you can help many. Alot of people here would notice your absents and care Talk to a coucillor there get some help okay You do matter you are important and you have a lot to offer this world. You only see the bad in the world when there is so much good here. People come together after a disaster they unite as one to help the community rebuild and many friendships are made. There is so much kindess here as well so many people understand and supporting each other Kindess is everywhere you just have to see the world in a different light because there is abundance of care and compassion.

8. Live_life

Live_life Member

Don't listen to those thoughts which are telling you that you are a loser and worthless for those thoughts are just lies and deciet in order for you to destroy yourself. The reality is that you are a wonderful human being with a lot of good in you and you can give so much good to so many people.

Join a charity or a group that supports those with mental healt or disabilities or those who are under privelaged etc. Join a gym or a health club and go jogging in the mornings. Take up bird watching or an interest in wildlife. take up something you enjoy that will give you fulfillment on a daily basis.

There is so much you can offer and do in your life but don't let those thoughts hold you back. You ARE important and your thoughts telling you otherwise are lies and deciet. We are here for you and we do really care other wise we would'nt be here so don't think you have no one who cares because you do!

Fell free to share yuor felings with us for we are here for you. For you to get out of this darkness you have to make the effort and strive and fight and you will win this trust me! You have it in you for i trust in you!

9. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

Andrew I care.. you know that.
    The only reason I stick around on this site is to make sure you are okay.

10. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hey Andrew! I would like to say that I am sad you feel this way. Eventually we all come to the realization that material possessions are worth zip compared to the love we want and need in our lives. I know we can both agree that you are not psychic, but I can agree with you on this one point. If you continue to base your worth on material possessions and money, you will be miserable. BUT that doesn't mean that you should accept this as your life and to give up! No!! It means you should rise up, call out for help, and trust that you will receive it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings.. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.