can't go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by p3cky, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

so depressed, life is pointless we die anyway why not now, why suffer when it all has to end,0 i feel the urge gets bigger and bigger i feel it coming on :(
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry you are feeling so awful you want share with us what is going on? I am sure there are many ppl here who would understand...J
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Edward talk to us!! Let us know whats going on so we can try and help you.. I'm sure there are members here who are or have gone thru with what you are going thru....
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

i don't think that anyone really wants to die, they just want their pain to end. you might be able to fix your problems and find life worth living

please tell us more about what is going on
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Edward, I hope you're feeling a bit better now :hug:
  6. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Hey mate - life CAN seem like its pointless, but in some ways the more we ponder this the more pointless it seems. You gotta balance that notion with others that are life affirming. This is hard maybe when you don't have some kind of passion in life. something that makes you forget, if but for a while, the boredom that can darken the mood if left to simmer.

I don't know why you feel its so pointless right now. I'm willing to accept that your life might well be something that is extremely difficult right now but if we don't know is going on then its hard to maybe come up with answers or some pointer as to how you can start feeling OK again.

And you CAN feel OK again - its not a myth. Many people in the same boat as you maybe just want someone to agree that suicide is OK. You will never get that here because suicide is far from OK.

If you had a pain in the thumb I'm sure you would never consider sawing it off.

If your life has hit what seems like a brick wall - ending your life should NOT be an option. Whatever is going wrong in your life is not going to go wrong always.

So, if you are up to it, what troubles do you have in particular that make you feel like life is not worth it?
  7. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

thank you for your replys, i have been suffering depression for a fair while now 5 years or so up and down i was highly addicted to drugs mainly weed,speed and ecstasy i was a daily weed user for along time and have recently quit 4 months ago and this is the longest i have been clean and i was feeling really good at about 2 - 3 months after not having a toke and could see how it was making me so much worse it was hard but i am glad i did but latly i have been getting extremely low lower than normal i still have been using speed every now and then not as much as i use to though which is good i do see a drug counselor and pdoc and on a some meds (mirtazapine, seroquil) and have been on them since i quit weed i have just seem to loose my hope i dont know why i was feeling good about my self and proud that had kicked the habbit and i really think i am passed my weed days i can be around others smoking and not have the urge to smoke or even think about it which i am proud about i am so depressed and have been strongly thinking about ending my life i have tried b4 by overdosing about 2 years ago i just feel it building up again :(
  8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

sorry that you are feeling so bad.

I understand about the weed experience, since I used to smoke all the time, and quitting was a difficult process for me.

maybe you can get your meds adjusted?

I can tell you about the things that helped me when I quit smoking herb if you are interested
  9. p3cky

p3cky Account Closed

that would be good, i just got out of hospital a few days ago for an overdose that i just survived being in a como for a few days :(
  10. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey, I just read your message. I'm glad that you survived! it's really late here now, maybe I can write more later

:console: :console:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  11. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

do you think you would be able to give up the speed too?

I'm guessing that mixing meds with rec. drugs can be a problem

meds, therapy, maybe doing some gentle daily exercise?
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You should talk to your pdoc and have him change your meds.. You said you are down.. Serquel will do that to you..I didn't like it when I was on it so they changed my meds and increased the dose gradually..I'm on seven different meds for the different problems..Congrdulations on giving up the weed.. I was smoking pot for over thirty years..It was one of the hardest things I did..To this day if they legalise it here I will be smoking the next day..Going to jail for itat my age just isn't worth it..Like I said talk to your pdoc and tell him/her that the meds aren't helping.. The speed may have something to do with it also..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.