can't hold on much longer

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by danalss, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danalss

danalss New Member

I'm really at a low point I feel I don't have anything to go on for.
    My daughter was just put on lithium and I now have a quit painless way to go.
    My husband doesn't understand and my kids are the only thing keeping me here.If things don't get better soon I don't think I will be able to hang on much longer. In my condition I'm no good to anyone not even my kids. I pray that God will just get me through another day as I do everyday.

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

my kids are the only thing keeping me here.[/QUOTE]

this part got me :) live for your kids hun...if nothing else... your kids would be DEVASTATED if you killed yourself... pm me if you need someone :hug:

3. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Please believe me when I say that the worst condition you can be in for your kids is not alive.
    I am a survior of my mom's and it's screwed me up so bad. I just wish she was still here. Even if she was not mentally well, I would still love her just as much. My daughter is the only thing keeping me here. I wish they could have met.

Do you have anyone like a counsellor that would talk to you and understand you?

This place has helped me a lot since I joined a few days ago.
    You are not alone.

A.

4. despairguy

despairguy Active Member

Well, I guess it will be contradictory to be here or what I'm about to say due to the fact that some ppl have read my threads and they have nothing to do with keep on living.
    Anyway, I'm not here to tell u how sorry I am to hear about ur situation coz that's not gonna change anything.
    U know what's good about what u've said?.. the fact that u realize what ur problems are, that implies that u still have some willing to overcome those problems. Well if u say ur kids are the only thing keeping u here I'm sure u won't do any action to take ur life coz this is like a cycle: u'll feel like u want to end it all but then in ur thoughts u'll come across ur children and that will prevent u from doing something... and then from the start again, guess u got the idea already.
    I won't tell u to look from professional help either, coz we aaaalll know that shit doesn't work and puts into more problems, with the pills and the bills (nice, my first rhyme in a post, yaaaay xD). lol sorry about that... well my advice would be to go out there and find friends, try to start over. I know how it feels to rely on family, and I know it feels so much better to rely on friends, so go out and at least give it a try ^^
    hun, if u r still here it's because of ur children... then as someone else said, live for them, make them happy and give the chance for u to be happy as well. Let ur children know how much u love them, take them to camping or something, spend time with them... trust me, I didn't have that from my parents and I know how important that is... just try.
    And finally...and this is very personal and I might be stepping on some toes but if u feel good praying, that's ok and I respect it... but god will not help u to change things, if u really want things to improve motivate urself, prove urself u can overcome this situation and most important don't give up!
    "If u really want something to be done, u gotta do it urself" does it ring any bell? ^^.... well of course, find ur friends to support u as well, and if u don't just try to start over again ^^
    hope I hadn't attacked ur beliefs or something, my real intention is to try to help u and make u think clearly from the point of view of reality ^^
    hope things get better for u :)
    greetings!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
  5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Danalss, if you aren't already can you see a psychiatrist? Depression is treatable, manageable and even reversible. Your death is not reversible. You say you have nothing to live for; that is only clinical depression distorting your judgment.

Please tell us what treatment or medication you are receiving. :hugtackles:

6. shazwackers

shazwackers Well-Known Member

Hi Danalss, I'm sorry for how you are feeling right now. Please get help of somekind, talk to someone or get professional help..........

My mum killed herself in 2007 and although I have never judged her decision, I miss her every day. Even tho she had rapid cycle bipolar and could be hell to live with, I wouldn't trade her in for the world if she were alive.......

Hang in there, get help, you won't regret it............ I wish you all the very best............shaz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.