cant into chat, says security certificate has been revoked

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jxdama, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

anyone else cant get in?

2. jxdama

i went to another site that uses java and it works fine, so it must be a problem with the chat.

3. Ladygrace

Ladygrace Active Member

Yeah chat is down. I have tried the exceptions list thing but it didnt work :(

4. jxdama

:frown:

5. Raven

Raven Guest

A quick workaround since their is nothing we can do till our provider gets their certificate updated.

Go to Start,
    All Programs
    Java
    Configure Java
    Go to the advanced tab and look for perform signed code certificate revocation checks on
    click the button for do not check and hit okay and reload your web browser.

Again a temp fix until our provider gets their certificate updated.

6. jxdama

thanks, though im not sure i understand

7. cie

cie Banned Member

This was my first solution, as well as exemption list. Neither work.

8. jxdama

not working for me either

9. Ladygrace

Ladygrace Active Member

This doesnt work with the newer versions of java due to some changes they have done, as for the exception list it doesnt work as it needs the certificate to come back signed :(

10. cie

cie Banned Member

Java strikes again. :p

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Go to configure java
    Choose security settings tab
    click to add site exceptions
    for site exceptions click add then type in http://client0.addonchat.com and save (there will be pop up telling you is considered a security risk)

When sign in first time will be a popup asking if want to sign in - click box for do not show me again and continue to site

12. NYJmpMaster

Seems to be corrected now without any extra work around so if still having problems please let us know.

13. cie

cie Banned Member

For the record if you added suicideforum.com to exceptions and tried to go to chat it would specifically tell you to block that instead, so I did, it didn't work.

But, fixed now, doesn't seem like there was a temp fix in the end.

14. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Not sure why you couldn't get the temporary fix to work Cie; it worked fine for a few others who were able to get into chat, so if people do experience problems in the future it is worth trying the temporary work around, since several people found it successful.

Fortunately, as you say, everything is resolved now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  15. NYJmpMaster

No idea what you are talking about on adding suicideforum.com to exceptions - that is not what I said nor is it how the patch worked- suicide forum and add on chat are different servers - they are not the same in any way - so adding suicide forum to the exceptions list will do nothing for using chat. Addon chat is hosted by that company on its own servers and that is one reason it was chosen to use - so it is a fixed price and we do not need to pay for chat bandwidth as it is a fully hosted chat program. It is also why there was nothing that can be done for us to "fix" it - they needed to fix their certificate - which they did at some point this morning, and now it works without doing anything special so you should be able to use it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.