Can't leave the house

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crashex94, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

For a long time now I have felt trapped in my own house. I only leave to go to school or if my parents force me for some other reason. I just can't stand being around other people, I see them being happy and it makes me feel even worse about myself. I just don't understand what's wrong with me why can't I be normal? Why do I always have to keep my head down? Why do I always freeze up whenever someone looks at me? But mostly, how did I even get to be like this?

2. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you figure out why things turn out that way, but I'm much the same. I only leave my house when I HAVE to. If I can avoid going outside, I do. Seeing other people going on with their lives, happily. Seeing new families in the streets, or couples seemingly in their first few weeks of being togehter, and wondering why it can't be you. It truely sucks man, and I feel where you are coming from.

Edit: I thought I should add, although being out does hurt you, and makes you see things you don't have, and that you can't have these things, but staying home alone, or just refusing to go out may also prevent you from having those things you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can relate to what you're saying. I have to force myself to go out otherwise, I probably would never leave my apartment.

I ask myself the same questions. I mean I watch others and wonder how come I can't be like them. Not have to worry about other people, working like any normal human being. But its not in the cards for me I guess....

I wonder how come I can't want the same things as others...life sucks sometimes and it feels like no matter what I try, nothing makes a difference.

I'm sorry I can't help you out or reassure you that it will pass...I wish it would for myself as well

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I also am an Isolationist.. I stay locked away in my bedroom all the time.. I have been like this for sixteen years..My therapist has me to the point where I can get out for a little while in the mornings.. I always make my appointments for everything first thing because if I have time to think about it I will call and cancell..Before I started therapy I wouldn't leave the house for anything.. If I had an appointment my sister would have to take off from work to take me..The only advice I can give you is to find a good therapist.. It took me three before I found the one I have been seeing for the last four years..Good Luck!!

5. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

yea, feels like I'm volunteerin' for house arrest haha.....I get that feeling around people too, but I guess the only cure, is to actually go outta the house, no matter how hard it is and try to overcome the phobias. Too bad, I can't do that.

6. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Maybe you have agorophobia (social phobia) i suffered from it when i was in primary school, which led to me becoming socially inept. Still cant make any friends at 22. Get medication or therapy if you can before it damages you for life.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so difficult to give up the calculated safety of one's home and risk the 'unknown' outside...desensitizing one's self to small adventures may help...all the best, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.