Can't live on like this forever

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by UghNames, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UghNames

UghNames New Member

I'm not sure where to start.. I don't talk about these things to anyone, only my ex would know a very small part. I'm not sure why but since about 2 years Ago when I was 15 I just started to be quiet in school, I didn't look to talk to anyone and I didn't care what anyone had to say. Well now when I go to school I would talk about the same things to two people, out of a year group of over 100. It's not that I'm disliked its that I don't find anyone interesting but at the same time when I'm out with friends (I've had 4 friends outside of school since I was 12 plus their friends nowadays when I would go out with them, yet it's very similar to my school life) ill see them grouping, talking and laughing and I'd sit there and wish I could be like that. I do talk and laugh sometimes. Anyway the past year I've had this mindset that basically, I have to work really hard now to get to a good uni, where I have to work really hard again to get a good job to get money to buy things I don't care for much, I don't get much materialistic pleasure, I just feel like why do all that work? Why not just be done with it now? I broke up with my ex who I went out with for over a year about a week ago. It was the right decision, I don't miss her but I guess I'm needier than average and miss that I had someone I could talk to anytime about anything and it was actually interesting and made me happy. But I don't have anyone like that anymore...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun the thing is depression does that it pushes the people away we care about. Have you talked to your doctor hun about how you are feeling. You can laugh again and be happy but you need to reach out for support and help ok to pull you out of the slump your in hugs

3. UghNames

UghNames New Member

I've thought about that more tonight because this is the worst I've been but I don't really like the thought of placing those burdens on other people. A doctor doesn't really work at the moment because my mum would know that I'm seeing one then And she has enough worries

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so good that you can differentiate the difference betw having someone and having a specific person...some people stay in relationships for years because either they cannot be alone or because they do not understand the difference...and please reconsider what you will disclose to your mother...it seems like you need support at this time and she might be able to either provide it herself or arrange for counselling for you

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Give your mother a chance hun to be your mother ok i am a mother and i would want to know if my child was suffering I help my girl out hun let your mom help you ok let her be that support she would want to be

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, is there a therapist in your uni? That could one one avenue of support for you. Whatever you choose to do, please don't give up on yourself.

7. UghNames

UghNames New Member

Thanks guys. I let my mum know today but not much so it didn't really change anything. I had a good day though and there's still more to come and I actually feel like studying. I knew all the solutions to my problems and knew they won't happen instantly but they way I was I didn't feel like doing them but today I do so let's hope it stays that way :) thanks for your comments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.