Can't offer anyone anything!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by GR69, Sep 24, 2009.

1. GR69

GR69 Member

That's how I feel most of the time. I can't afford a girlfriend. No car, no steady work. It really sucks. I've been alone so long it's just so tiresome. Anyone else feel the same way?
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Um, money isn't necessary to have a girl/boyfriend unless you are into the money obsessed type, and are one yourself.

Will it bother most females? Yes.

Usually if someone "can't offer anyone anything" it's referring to emotional support, kinship, or they just lack personality... You know, the things that *actually* matter in a relationship.
  3. GR69

GR69 Member

Oh I agree and I feel like I have those qualities. It just doesn't seem to matter though. I'm a hobo no one would date me. It doesnt matter how charming and nice I am.
  4. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Well it's really hard to find a decent human being to enter into a relationship with in my experience. Not only do you have to find someone decent, but the personalities must mesh well, etc. I'd imagine it's even harder for someone in your age range.
  5. GR69

GR69 Member

Well I'm 18... I miss being a kid.
  6. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

You're 18 and you miss being a kid? Good luck holding up when you turn 28.

I disagree that money isn't necessary to have a gf. OP has stated that he has no car. How is he going to take a hypothetical gf out on a date? On a bike? Also, dates can be expensive. Vegging out on the couch all the time, I imagine, will only lead to boredom and seems like an unhealthy way to spend your youth.

However, I admit when I saw the title of the thread ("Can't offer anyone anything!"), I thought OP was thinking more about lack of personality than lack of money...
  7. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I disagree. My boyfriend doesn't have a car and neither of us have much money and we still manage fine.
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm with Lela.
    I think - while there are a lot of girls out there who think money and a car and so on are important to them - there are a lot who don't care, and as long as you care about them, treat them well and can offer them something mentally and emotionally, then that's all that matters.

I dated a guy once who was a LOT older than you (in his 30s) and had none of those things. I guess it's kind of expected at 18 but once you're in your 30s you're supposed to be settled and comfortable most people think.
    Anyway he was so sweet to me and he would write me little notes and make me things and we'd become creative about cheap dates. That's what you do when you have no money, a girl will appreciate the fact that you're thinking about her, not what rock you bought her from Tiffanys or how expensive the red roses and dinner were that night.
    If you end up with a girl like that, she's probably not the right girl anyway...