can't quit weed

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by suicidal maniac, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I can easily say that weed is the cause of all my mental problems lately, altough it started with ecstacy. Now it's weed only, and it makes me lazy fat and stupid. I love to smoke up, I spend all my money on it, I just would be so much happier spending that money on something else I think. Anybody else a serious smoker, and strugling with quiting?

2. brandonlee81

brandonlee81 Account Closed

I'm struggling as well. When I get high, I want to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, too. Those 3 combined = drug of choice. It was really fun for a long time but not much anymore. I've cut down a lot, to usually only a couple times a week. It still just seems like a very 'addict' thing I'm doing. Meanwhile, my sober days are spent agonizing over life, trying my best to appear normal at work, alienating myself at home, lying in bed all day until I have to get up and do 'something'. Some days I feel better. But mostly I don't have a reason or goal to bolster my life forward.

My best friend smokes most every day so it's hard to get away from it. I still feel like I'm wasting time, money, and prolonging my depression, which comes and goes like the seasons a couple times a year. When my depression's in remission I worry less about my drug abuse. I've been doing this for over a decade now. My best friend doesn't let these things worry her.

I'm very stubborn and lazy. I don't feel like making the effort to go to AA or NA. I would gladly talk to a therapist or counselor but don't want to spend the money. So I sulk, and hope the depression lifts soon. Or scavenge the Internet for easy ways to die.

3. brandonlee81

brandonlee81 Account Closed

http://www.salon.com/life/since_you_asked/2010/11/03/marijuna_addiction

Read this advice this week. Saw a lot of myself in it, and if you click you'll probably see some of yourself too. While I am lazily depressed and despondent, I am a fan of sound advice:

4. suicidal maniac

One thing I found out is that weed is not for everybody.

5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

idk if thatd work for you and others but it always helps me to know that i still have some. when i know theres nothing left i get nervous and crave to smoke. but when i still have some i can easier say naw i wont do it

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Member

I enjoy a bit of the ganja now and then. Everything in moderation mate, makes you appreciate it far much more! To cut down, you can try and keep yourself occupied with something else like a sport or an activity. I personally only smoke when there's a big event like a drum and bass rave, or a big party. Don't see the point smoking anytime else..

7. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I cant either, but its what keeps me going day after day, found nothing that will replace it without huge side effects.

Im still looking......

8. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Funny how that works, isnt it? I do the same with stuff. I quit drinking for 8 months last year, most of it there were a couple beers in the fridge to offer guests.
    I smoked pot as a teen then quit in my 20s, to hard to focus on the work I was doing. Been drinking too much for a while (beer), and tho I dont really like it anymore, I've found I dont want to drink if I toke, I'll end up puking quick if I get high and drunk.
    Sometimes ya need to find compromises with yourself, punishing, or getting down on yourself dosnt work.

9. oval

oval Well-Known Member

yeah ive been doing pretty good. i normaly dont get the munchies but when i see something to eat or have any taste in my mouth (like even toothpast), destroy the kitchen! i haven smoked in a month. i only have alittle left so im telling myself ok its still there, i got some for emergencies lol and im not buying any right now. so its working so far :)

10. suicidal maniac

That's good to hear you can keep some for emergencies, I tried that smoking only a litle a day, but I end up smoking as much as I have. If I have it I smoke it, so it's hard for me to say no. One morning I voke up I was suprised as I had weed, and I waited a whole hour to smoke, whooooa, that's good for me.

11. doityourself

Me to....wish I could quit, well this is the first month that weve had problems paying our rent in years so looks like Im going to have to try.

Here goes nothing....

12. topper

topper Well-Known Member

Good luck, doityourself. I know money problems can be scary and stressful.

I haven't held weed in more than a month. I resolved to quit the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I feel a great urge to drink and smoke cigs while high. While I've been fighting a larger issue of depression in my life, I've only relapsed once, and I feel I have a resolve on this issue I haven't ever had.

I realized it wasn't working for me anymore. I don't enjoy it like I used to b/c I know it isn't helping me move forward in life. But the best most concrete effect is having more money and knowing that my bills are less of a problem.

13. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

That is very good :) It's the feeling in that hour you need to try and harness. Have you ever turned your stoned experience into a tool? Retaining a thought/desire through each hit and spiral effect? In your case, the desire to not need weed. Try to hold a position through the entire experience. It helps to mature your thought process(if that thought doesnt get mangled and distorted through the experience that is), so that you can endure the waves of being stoned, and the normal flow of everyday life. You can create a network of thoughts and positions for yourself that mean as much as you want, in this case, stopping to smoke weed, among other things, such as trying to udnerstand yourself more in the essence as to, Why you feel you need weed, and why normal unstoned life is less important than a stoned life.

Though dodgy, a safer and better bet would be to stop buying it.

14. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

don't quit weed just be productive. weed isn't for everyone, drugs aren't for everyone. i am having the feeling that im smoking way too much, i think it may just be the urge to need an oral fixation. if it's money that's stressin ya out, switch to some cheaper bobby brown. i know it's like "well it's worse weed so i'll need to smoke more" but it's amazing how after 1 or 2 hits of some shitty weed the urge to smoke goes away and the high is combination of mental and actual bad weed.

i dunno. do what you gotta do, i'm only saying what i did. $20 a gram for dispensary shit sure does take it's toll, but $15 for an 8th, that'll last me a few days, maybe even a week, that's solid.

also, buy a vape, even a shitty one, it's much healthier for u, you will definitely notice if you are a heavy smoker like me.

if you're serious about wanting to stop cold turkey then all i can say is stop hanging out with friends who smoke regularly (or at least tell them you're trying to quit and ask them to help you by not offering you any (if they are ur true friends they will understand and be willing to help)), delete your drug dealer contacts and throw out all your pieces, better yet, break them then throw them out so you cant get them out of the garbage before trash day.

sweet lady jane isn't for everyone, but knowing how to handle her is a great asset. after all, if your brain actually has the receptors for cannibinoids, what harm can smoking occasionally do?

take walks when you smoke, or listen to music or do something creative, or quit altogether, but be weary, if smoking is a big part of your life you might find yourself just replacing it with something else... be it tv, internet, alcohol, pills. the best way to quit is to find a hobby and occupy your mind, or learn how to live with this habbit that is healthier than most.

good luck

15. Miligram

Miligram Member

weed is the stupidest thing ever made.It makes u even stupid,i wonder why people take it:yay:

16. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

you sound like someone who's never tried it, being so quick to judge. maybe if you had a view on weed other than the media's you would realize that stereotype is hardly true at all. talking on a cell phone is worse to your body than smoking weed, hell you aren't even supposed to keep your phone in a pocket against your body. so it's whatever, i'd rather smoke a drug that's never caused cancer than use a nasty ass cell phone that emits electromagnetic radiation straight into my brain, and body when it pings a cell tower every few seconds.

at least when you get those brain tumors you can look back and say "thank god i wasn't getting high"

17. doityourself

I smoke it to get through the day, it helps with the feeling that I could rip someones head off!!! Without it this comment would have made me mad, but now it just makes me think that you just dont understand. Basically I smoke to get my anxiety down to a point where I can talk, think, and do things smoothly throughout the day.

Maybe you drink, and what if I thought drinking was for losers. Maybe you take pills, regardless ALOT of us have our own vices, maybe you should read up on it before you make posts like this.

Im not sure if I ever "want" to quit, I would like to get it down to a reasonable amount, but just like the post before me, its all about having a life outside of smoking. Im still working on that one.

Oh yea- $15 for 8grams:eek:hmy:-yea right, not here, try $60 for 9.

Im not saying this is for everyone, but like in my case, for some its all that we have found that works.

18. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

I'm probably the only one that supports weed here, but I do believe that pot only makes what you feel stronger. it doesnt create fake happiness, like other drugs do, it doesn't make you mad, or depressed, it only makes your current feeling stronger.
    that said, I do not think that all people should smoke it, for the same reason i stated above- if you are feeling sad, you will only feel sadder, if you are feeling depressed...you will feel more depressed, and may get some weird ideas.
    But weed in general, is still way better than alcohol or tobacco or other drugs.

(lol, just checked, i'm not the only one. :D)

19. weed addiction is underestimated

20. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Weed does contain a drug (or several) which makes some feel better so that makes it a potentially addictive substance. In my area there are many young kids who smoke it and this leads to problems in education and an 'attitude' problem in general. Weed does this to kids and thats why it ought to be legalized and sold on licence.

I know solicitors who smoke and people in very highly paid jobs that call for intelligence and a quick mind. As long as some QC is not bonging up before facing the jury then he or she is not going to be handicapped by weed. Same with drinkers who might be sober at work and drink later on.

Weed addiction is generally played down but it does exist.

Harm reduction is the method and with weed less really is more.

Weed is a drug which actually can be more potent when less is used. Heroin will almost always career into increasing doses. Likewise speed and 'E' (although most E is not in reality E due to the source tree oil being made illegal and harder to get)

That said if you think your intake of weed is out of control then you have to realise that although its a 'soft' drug, the rule is the same and addiction can happen.

It is best not to use drugs if you can but I generally give a pass to people who smoke weed and who can limit that usage and not let it become a burden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.