Can't See A Way Out

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cookie22, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookie22

cookie22 New Member

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this because compared to some peoples problems in the world mine seem very small but I don't know what else to do. I've tried to kill myself 5 times, first when I was 14. That was 3 years ago and I still can't see a way out. Since then nothing has got any better, infact things have just got worse. I have no friends because I stopped going to school last year because I couldn't bear it anymore and after a while 'my friends' stopped calling and I am finishing my school qualifications at home. In 2011 I'm supposed to be going to University but I haven't stepped out of the house in 6 Months other than to put the trash out so I have no idea how I'm supposed to cope at Uni. I'm so scared of the world and people seeing me and I don't know how I'm ever meant to get passed that. My life just seems to be going nowhere and all I can do is think about finishing it. I have this dream where I fly to San Francisco and jump off the Golden Gate Bridge and to be honest If I only had the guts to go outside my house I would. My mum wants me to go on Anti Depressants but I'm too scared even to go to the doctors. I just don't see the point in life, all it is, is misery after misery.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Wow you story is a lot like mine in that when it all started and how it affected school and crap.
    I know you feel bad but can you tell me more about it? See the classic sign of depression is a lack of external circumstances that cause you to feel the level of sadness you have. I HATE being on antidepressants but I HAVE to me on them.

Doctors are cool basically some are just lame but never heard to a mean one. It is awkward but they work for you so use them I say.

Can I ask where you live? Im in Los Angeles, insomnia woke me up here at 3am and just popped on to see who was doing what and found you!

And why are you afraid of the doctor can I ask?

Hug Bambi
  3. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i am here for you
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Man i hear you too I hated school but was forced to go and finish it. I think your mom is right in that you need to see a doctor Get your doctor to maybe get you some therapy Talking to someone really helps a psychologist really helped me and yes i struggled with the whole medication idea. Guess what it works i am feeling so much better on an antidepressant as it helps with the anxiety it just goes away. Cipralex has very little side effects only for a few days then you feel like the person you were . Try okay don't live in fear or pain
    any more go to your doctor and get help now so you can go to university like the rest of your peers. Now don't wait like i did and waste years.
  5. cookie22

cookie22 New Member

Hi Bambi

I live in Yorkshire in England (a very crap place). If I ever do get myself sorted Los Angeles is the place I've always wanted to live lol.

And I guess I don't want to be on Pills because I'm scared that I'll always rely on them and never get back to normality. Also I guess I don't want to admit how bad my life actually is.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Medication can give you back some normality as you say give you the extra help to function until you can cope It is not a life time deal just until you are stronger I have been on and off medication and use it only when i am struggling.
  7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

violet is right..Prozac gave me "ME" back. I still have bad days mind you but I am so much better than before which was actively suicidal. I say give them a try can it be worse than how you feel? When I felt like crap I would have done anything to feel better, I did and it worked!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.