Can't see a way to go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was discharged from the health service saying that there isn't a lot more that can be done,so I'm kind of alone now my head feels worse than ever it's so clouded and foggy I can't think rationally,I've been so low for so long now that my fily have gotten used to it and no longer ask how I feel,my ocd is worse than ever constant thinking about things in years gone by,I've mentioned in another thread about my ex who I fantasise about is now happy and has moved on,another lost chance on my behalf,so basically I have nothing left,apart from a yawning chasm of hopelessness and despair,people tell me to look at the positives and appreciate what I've got and I know that's good advice but I feel I have nothing,my psoriasis is getting gradually worse,and now it looks like there's only one remaing option left,I'm not the person I want to be in life Infact I'm the opposite,I need to leave this world.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should make a list of all the things you are grateful for like someone has done in the success strategies forum on here, it might help you feel better.
    Were you discharged from hospital? what did they mean by there isn't much more that can be done? If what they are saying is true then you need to find other outlets and try different medication and therapies. Good luck bruces.

3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

They say meds don't work for me and I can't engage with therapy,I no longer posses any will to live

4. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

I do think it's possible to hit a wall with the medical profession. They do not 'fix' people. I think the really hard reality for all of us who are depressed is that much of the possibility for change is down to us. I say that's hard because we feel we are in no position to move forward. But I think you have to figure out for yourself what small changes are possible in your life and build on that. I do think there comes a point where it's down to us, as harsh as that seems. Doesn't mean we don't have to have support though - that's essential. Your family sound pretty decent if you would let them in and there are support groups for the conditions you've mentioned. You don't have to be alone. Please let us know how you are doing.

5. Starting Over

Starting Over Active Member

Hi Bruces,

I've been there before (feeling let down by doctors and medical practitioners) and its terrible :( As always, my thoughts and hopes are with you.

On another note-have you ever sought treatment for your psoriasis?

6. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've had lots of treatments but they were only ever temporary,It hurts too much to live and hurts family for me to die so I'm completely screwed,I just wish I could erase my complete existance I really do I wish is never existed

7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I really have just ruined everything

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I had it all job,girlfriend etc now it's gone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.