Can't see the trees through the forest

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Maverick66, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick66

Maverick66 New Member

Hello,

Until a few days ago I was a probationary USDA Forest Service employee. I loved the job, but the environment was a hostile work environment. I filed reports and complaints, and in retaliation I was terminated. During the past 6 months I've called the suicide and domestic violence hotline dozens if not a hundred times. I don't know how I will survive.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you not go to labor boards about your termination hun get a lawyer and fight this You cannot just be let go without just cause Please stay safe hun okay hugs

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

From what I can discover, the USDA forestry service is all about caring for the land, restoring landscapes, protect and enhance natural water bodies, climate restoration (etc) so I can see why you would love that job very much. But it might help to know what kind of complaints you received and why didn't the head office terminate you instead of acting on your complaints?
    Governmental jobs are always one of the most stressful to work for, so did you not have some kind of access to a workplace counselling agency or other support group?
    I can understand how you must have loved that job, working largely with the environment myself, but have you thought about pursuing a similar career in another field? Or even joining one of the thousands of volunteer projects that carry out much the same work?

Have a little :bubbles: - one gander at that cutie is sure to warm your heart a tad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.