• We had a slight glitch and the forum deleted about 80 threads at random - we are restoring them currently but you may have had an alert saying your thread was deleted - please ignore this and do not be concerned. Thanks, Freya :)

Can't seem to find an anti-dep that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black31

I've tried so many anti-dep drugs over they years and none seem to improve my dep. i've tried, prozac, sertraline, seroxat, citalopram and am currently on venlafaxine 225mg. it's not really working and i don' t know what to do. :(

any advice would be welcome. :moonwalk:

aoeu

Thought: try Seroquel. It's both a mood stabilizer and a monopolar antidepressant. So if you have depression it might work, and if you have bipolar it'll still work.

it is possible that you have treatment resistant depression. i have tried 90% of SSRIs and handful of antipsychotics (including seroquel) to treat MDD until i was finally diagnosed with serotonin deficiency. essentially this means that the receptors are fizzled out.. this is a result of being medicated at an early age, and over-medicated throughout my life. anyways, i have been taking 5-htp for 6 months, which is better than any pill i have tried, but obviously not perfect since i am here. something to think about..

LillMy8989

Thought: try Seroquel. It's both a mood stabilizer and a monopolar antidepressant. So if you have depression it might work, and if you have bipolar it'll still work.
You're right! The best medicine, I guess but it makes me so weak and tired, especially in the mornings, what do? Ive tried not taking too late like I should have it at 6 pm instead, not notice any changes though, yet...

aoeu

You're right! The best medicine, I guess but it makes me so weak and tired, especially in the mornings, what do? Ive tried not taking too late like I should have it at 6 pm instead, not notice any changes though, yet...
Are you taking the XR version? The XR version should help, but you'll be a bit out of it for the first few months taking it in any case... Persevere, it will improve.

abcd

I just wanted to chime in and say that it took years for me to find one that worked too. Three solid years of attempts and Seroquel finally worked. It was like night and day. Stick with it and find a doc that will keep trying with you. Of course it suck that you can be miserable during the search, but it will be worth it.

Someone else mentioned about how Seroquel makes them so tired. The first 25mg wiped me out, but now I'm on 100mg and am fine. I've been on it 8 months now. I had a little backsliding, but stuck with it and now am even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00