cant seem to get anything done

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by purpleAPY, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleAPY

purpleAPY Well-Known Member

i cant eat
    i cant sleep
    how the fuck am i supposed to finish this shit
    i have a paper to write... its already overdue... my teacher said he wont except any late papers... i gave him a note and emailed him but who knows if he'll accept either of them... he's kind of a dick...

i just have no idea what to do. im trying to write this paper, but i cant focus AT ALL. my mind keeps wandering. im tired. i keep having flashbacks. i dont know what to do.

I've been going to therapy, ive just started taking medication... but i dont know what to do RIGHT NOW. im stuck. im lost.
    i just want to sleep. i just want to lie in my bed and watch will and grace and go to sleep. i dont want to think about possibly failing out of english for the second time in a row.

what the fuck do i do/how the fuck do i get any of this shit done
    i cant even do little things, like make myself eat or clean my room or wash my dirty dishes. how the hell am i going to get this paper done.

its like... im trying to write it, but i just have way too much on my mind to be able to focus on it. the things im dealing with right now are more important than finishing this paper, ive been dealing with suicidal thoughts and other shit for the past couple months... im hoping things will get better but i cant sit around and wait for things to get better in like a month when im finishing up the semester... i just need to be able to focus enough to get my fucking work done...

2. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

i'm in your exact same shoes, but instead of english class, i'm in medical school...i just started this august...i've been suicidal since this past march...

i can't focus on anything...i have an exam coming up...they say, "to be successful in medical school, you should study 8 hours a day. medical school is a full time job"!!! how am i suppose to study when i can barely function normally?

i want to sleep all day, b/c i'm chronically fatigued...but i have the same problem as you and can't fall asleep at night...

i have no advice for you, except a method to help you sleep...close your eyes, breathe deeply, continue breathing deeply, and count your breathing backwards from 500...it normally takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep, but with this method, i don't make it to 400 when counting...

english papers...those are awful...when i was an undergrad writing papers, in that situation, i would just write whatever...ANYTHING...even if it didn't make any sense at all...usually it didn't, cuz i couldn't focus...but i would just write, and it turns out, there's never a right or wrong answer...so they can't give you worse than a C...so just write...it'll all work out soon!

and, hang in there...you're not alone...we are seriously in the EXACT same situation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.