Can't seem to understand

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Love's Icy Death, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love's Icy Death

Love's Icy Death Well-Known Member

Many people on this forum are depressed, have suicidal thoughts and self harm, which have been caused by some trauma in their life. for example they were sexually abused, or a family member died when they were young. Or something along those lines.

But I haven't really been through anything like this, the major thing for me was being bulled at school for being overweight and my parents braking up, in which i never cried or was ever fussed about - am i normal for feeling nothing?

Why do I always think about death and suicide, why do i cut myself, when in all reality my life seems to be not so bad as other members of the forum
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

People can get depressed and/or suicidal cos of several things. Every person is different and every event affects people in different ways.

Don't compare your pain and the things you've been through to the pain and past of other members, as things have a different affect on every body. You feel the pain you feel, and you're 'allowed' to feel that pain, whether others have been through different things than you or not. :hug:
    None of us deserve to feel depressed/suicidal. It doesn't matter how 'bad' the things we've been through were; we all are in pain. There is no such thing as a measurement to express how much pain we are in and who's in more pain than another. If it comes to emotions, it's best not to compare. :arms:

Don't ask yourself the why, but rather ask yourself: 'how?'. How can you get past this, how can you work on feeling better, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.