Can't seem to win..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LambyCakes, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LambyCakes

    LambyCakes New Member

    Ok, so as the title says, I can't seem to win in the situation I am apart of.

    So ok here we go. I am currently in Hollywood, Los Angeles with my boyfriend who I have been with for a few months now. I have visited here twice to be with him, each time stretching across 3 months. However, I can't apply for a visa to actually move over here, which would be my perfect life because I don't have the qualifications/status in order to do so, which basically means I will never be able to live here. So thats the start of my problem, which right now is probably the main reason why I am feeling extremely sick everyday and constantly planning on killing myself.

    Now we move onto the second part of my problem, back home in England ( where I don't want to live anymore) my mom and step dad are getting divorced, which means ultimately I am going to have to move house. Also my mom hasnt worked in YEARS because of personal problems/health issues which means I need to get a job not only to afford to come back to LA but to support her too.

    I seem to have found my place here in America, but unfortunately it is being denied and honestly, I would rather kill myself here and now than go back to a life in England which I want no part of what so ever.

    and a little sidenote ( I have been self harming for numerous years now)

    So yeah, I don't know what to do, if anything can be done. So any suggestions are appreciated.

  2. PK71

    PK71 Active Member

    Can you stay illegally? I know it's not a long term solution but you can make the most of the time you do have and then address this problem again in the future?
  3. may71

    may71 Well-Known Member

    I think if your boyfriend married you, you would automatically get us citizenship. I don't know if either of you want to get married though.

    In the us people who are disabled can get disability benefits payments to support them. I'm guessing that England has something similar. Maybe your mom could look into this. You might want to look into it for yourself as well.

    Hopefully your mom will also have a good legal representative during the divorce. If your mom is really going to be helpless it seems reasonable that your step dad should give her some support if he can afford it.
  4. LambyCakes

    LambyCakes New Member

    Thanks for the reply but that first option won't be happening.

    I don't really know if her issues class as a "disability" but thanks for bringing that up, I will do a little research about it to see if it is the same in England :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.