Can't Select Text While Composing...

...posts or PM's. So if I want to delete any part, or the whole thing, I have to use the backspace key.

My guess is this is just "baked into the cake", but I thought I'd mention it.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
You must be using the Light theme. In fact, you are selecting it, it's just that the selection field is invisible. Select some text, even though it looks like it isn't selecting. Hit Copy, click somewhere else in the post and hit Paste. You'll see it's working. This doesn't happen when using the Dark theme. Come to the Dark Side May, you know you want to:cool:

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I thought I had that problem too may, but actually I can select text. The problem is, in the standard version at least, you can't see the text being highlighted, but it will work. I just go by the colons and drag those if that makes sense

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Didn't see your post until after I'd posted @HumanExMachina It happens in the standard theme as well as light. I like the dark theme and used it for a while, but it hurts my eyes :(

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I still can't settle on a theme. I think I'm the only person without a preference yet.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
It drives me crazy not being able to see the highlighted text... though as mentioned above it is actually selected. Unfortunately there is no fix in the works at this point.....

Sea Sparkles

It drives me crazy not being able to see the highlighted text... though as mentioned above it is actually selected. Unfortunately there is no fix in the works at this point.....
Is there no way of changing the color of the text box here to a slightly different color so that it's see-able?

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Is there no way of changing the color of the text box here to a slightly different color so that it's see-able?
The CSS / styling for that actually pulls for multiple areas as that apparently non color I am told. If it was simply changing the code for that one thing would be simple enough , but since it is pulling it for multiple areas it would then overwrite things that is should not and to split it out would require more code changes than makes sense to make/rewriting too many lines in the styling of the theme - it is just a glitch within the theme really. It is not one of the settings in setting up our colors for the forum etc that can be changed when choosing/ personalizing the theme to our site.

Sea Sparkles

The CSS / styling for that actually pulls for multiple areas as that apparently non color I am told. If it was simply changing the code for that one thing would be simple enough , but since it is pulling it for multiple areas it would then overwrite things that is should not and to split it out would require more code changes than makes sense to make/rewriting too many lines in the styling of the theme - it is just a glitch within the theme really. It is not one of the settings in setting up our colors for the forum etc that can be changed when choosing/ personalizing the theme to our site.
That's fair, and this is by far the most impressive Xenforo board I've seen (it's very well put together).

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Jmp, instead of changing the txt selection color, how about changing the background color of the Light theme just a teensy little bit, so the selection field, whatever color it is, would then be visible.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
That's fair, and this is by far the most impressive Xenforo board I've seen (it's very well put together).
Thank you- all credit for that goes to @Freya who does all the styling and details. I am am (genuinely) color blind and nobody would care for my color schemes but Freya does both the regular styling and minor code changes to allow for a few extra touches. In the next few weeks the new front end to the site will be put on here and her work on that is truly impressive, though rather than using a standard theme she is doing it all manually for our own bespoke design on the wordpress version of the site.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Jmp, instead of changing the txt selection color, how about changing the background color of the Light theme just a teensy little bit, so the selection field, whatever color it is, would then be visible.
I have looked at some, Freya has looked at extensively and she is the one with the real skills in this- and it is just not something we have been able to fix in any way. I am sure she will see this thread @Freya @Freya @Freya and let you know if there is any possibility at all but sadly it seems to be an issue we have no solution for. I was pretty loud in my dismay about this issue when I discovered it so I am completely in agreement if it can be fixed should be, but as of now have not come up with a fix.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00