Can't sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Sparrow91, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time getting to sleep and then when I finally knock out it's a crappy sleep. When its time to get up I lay there like i need more but I can't. Then exhaustion all day. Then back around on the cycle.
    I'm up cause my mind won't stop thinking, racing. Do you all feel like that? Brain that won't shut up

another question when you do sleep, and you wake up do you have headaches? I can't get a good sleep cause i will always wake up with headaches and going back to sleep only makes it worse.

2. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

Yes, it happened to me quite often, but I don't always wake up with a headache. I do only when I'm lacking on sleep.
    And also the nightmares.... sometimes it's a good dream, but when I wake up it's a nightmare. I wake up easily, even with a tiny bit of sound.... then I usually unable to go back to sleep. My mind keep racing, like it won't stop thinking about something, sometimes I don't even know what it is, but it's there in my head. It's torturing... I wish it could end. I wish I wouldnt feel all of this. I wish I don't have a heart.

3. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Same exact thing for me.

This happens to me sometimes.

4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

yes. similar to sparrow and matt.
    especially when oversleep.
    headaches like sunset's, rarely but then...
    then the feeling of being drunk when lacking sleep.
    torturous either way

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That happens to me all the time...sometimes takes a while to fall asleep, depending on how tired I am. I mostly have to be dead tired in order to get a good rest. But I always feel exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get. I often do wake up with aches and pains, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with my depression.

6. Sparrow91

i know what you mean by feeling drunk. Last night i got up but i was so exhausted i was stumbling and hitting things, barely open my eyes. It goes either way too much or too little still feel crappy

7. scaryforest

yes!
    we're not alone in this but how do we improve it

8. Sparrow91

Good question, no clue. I've tried tea, music, movies, writing etc.
    although writing what's in my head sometimes puts my mind at ease enough to sleep. Maybe writing can help you?

9. scaryforest

good suggestion and interesting you should mention that because it's what i use to do.
    then i ran out of inspiration, motivation or both..
    what kind of things do you write?
    i use to write fan fiction, eh..

10. Sparrow91

Fiction. Tragedy, mystery or love, pain. Anything I can come up with. Sometimes I like to write poetry.
    I like reading fan fiction never tried writing it though. And same here I used to write a lot more than I do now. I'm really trying to get back in the habit of doing it, even bought a brand new journal for it.

11. scaryforest

was on this site where they had writing challenges (the fan fiction that i did). and that was cool.

but then idk what happened exactly.
    got in trouble on that site 'cause often can't word self right.

hmm... maybe we could... idk. motivate each other to write more. i mean... see. can't word it at all.
    just shook my head and laughed at self a bit

12. Sparrow91

That's cool, I use to write on a story sharer type thing, I got nervous about people taking my writings lol silly I know but I get nervous.
    Idk why not wording yourself right would cause trouble
    :) I'd be glad to motivate one another.

13. scaryforest

i was a good writer. so people said. they said it was a natural born talent.

anyway, when i joined on that site, they liked my writing ok.
    me and my online friend use to rip the... very pervy fics. ;d and grammar. and it was so appalling, like why would they even post such rubbish and then call themselves good. no punctuation and just copied one another.

i went off my chosen fandom and ran out of plots. like when younger i use to make up my own characters and scenes. the fan fic was last resort, i suppose.

i'm not sure how to motivate or how to be motivated but someone encouraging you and knowing it's important to you... that should work right...?

14. Sparrow91

I don't doubt your a great writer, sometimes there's just writers block. Sometimes I get my ideas from other pols or movies I've read or seen. That's the whole thing about stories they pick and twist from others. I bet hat you and your friend did only made you a better writer , possibly
    I wouldn't know how to either but Any motivation is good motivation. Your idea should work :)

15. scaryforest

well.. hope somehow we've raised and hope to continue raising each other's morales.
    i don't feel much but i'm smiling a bit so must have done something. what about you?

16. Sparrow91

Same here. Smiling.
    Definitely continue to raise each other's morales.
    Thank you for being so nice! I do appreciate it

17. scaryforest

some good news, i've written 88 words since we last conversed ;d

18. Sparrow91

Nice! Planning on writing a story?
    I've tried, wrote a few ideas down, it's a start.

19. scaryforest

yeay!
    a story with original characters etc., yes.
    trying not to think about how it'll most likely fail. like most of my ideas. ouch...

wrote some more 700 words altogether.
    but then it's not quantity. it's quality that counts ;d

20. Sparrow91

Cool, it won't fail like you said quality counts, keep that in mind and any idea will be great!
    What type of theme you going for?
    I started writing some more today during class lol class was boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.