can't sleep.

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by jcat, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

the last week i've not been getting much sleep. i will be up from 24 to 40 hours and crash for a few hours, then do it again.
    the only way i've been able to get some sleep on a regular basis was when i was drinking. i'm not going to do that. causes to much stress all the way around. for everyone. i'm going on 30 hours at the moment w/out sleep. went 42 last time. before that was ???. was drunk and passed out. this has been going on almost two weeks. i just can't sleep. when i do finally fall out, the sleep i do get is broken up. is this normal. or is it what.
  2. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, bud. I'm so tired during the day that all I can think about is how much I want to sleep when I get home. But if I can get 4 hours a night, I'm lucky. And it's usually broken sleep. 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Just not the deep sleep that I need. And once I wake up at about 3 am, that's all she wrote. I try to go back to sleep, but it just won't come.

I found a forum dealing strictly with insomnia. You might find something useful on it. You can read it without registering.
  3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

it's getting worse. 2-4 hours every other day. it's all bad. i get stuck in my head and cause trouble for myself. oh well, that's what my life(computer) is for, to keep me out of my head
    i'm trying.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Insomnia at night can be caused by so many things. I have extreme difficulty sleeping at night too. For me, I think some is caused by hypervigilence. The fear of something happening if I sleep, because so often it did. Your biological time clock is probably a little messed up because of the hours you work too. I feel for you jcat. I know how tough it is. :hug:
  5. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Im with all you guys...
  6. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

yeah - me too - it sucks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.