Can't sleep...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by down_and_low, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

I'm totally exhausted! I feel like i've gone past the point of tiredness. I hardly ever get more than 3 hours sleep, and spend about 4 hours shaking uncontrollably from anxiety every night. My body aches all over from these shakes, and it's making my depression worse. I wish i could sleep so i could stop thinking. When i think it's just sad thoughts. I long to just dream, a normal dream, anything, as long as i can escape my thoughts for just a short time!
    Any tips? I drink hot chocolate before bed, and nice and snug and in a comfortable environment, yet i can't stop the anxiety.

2. Stuart

Stuart Member

I know its a simple cliche, but have you tried listening to the radio in bed. Not some really hard music station with lots of tempo, just something soothing or some boring chat show. I used to struggle to get to sleep alot, and invariably thought alot in bed, then i started to listen to the local late night chat show on the radio. I used to listen and think about what was talked about, even texted in myself a few times, it just took my mind off thinking too much and usually helped me get off to sleep.

3. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

Ah, that's a good idea! Thanks for that! I do listen to music in bed sometimes, but the moment the radio plays anything remotely sad, it makes me worse! But a chat show definately sounds like a good idea.
    Thanks again!

4. Stuart

Stuart Member

Just be warned, if you choose the kind of chat shows i listen too you find yourself thoroughly intrigued and interested in totally random subjects of no interest to anyone :biggrin:

I Hope it does a little to help :smile:

5. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

try taking calcium and megnesum and vitamin d, they are suppose to help sleep helps me sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.