cant sleep

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mikey -g-, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikey -g-

mikey -g- Well-Known Member

i havent been able to sleep properly for weeks because i have too many things on my mind. my lack of sleep has started to affect my life, ive had to miss university for the past 2 days because im too exhausted to do anything. i dont know what i can do to make myself sleep properly again.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Have you been to the doctors?

When you can't sleep, what do you do?

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Reading really boring stuff like the real estate exam stuff that I am reading does it every time.

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

simple thing - try sleeping reversed - put your head where you would normally put your feet

weird, but it work also try the classics: warm milk

if it's a problem getting to sleep, your pharmacy or grocery store should have allergy meds containing diphenhydramine hydrochloride - sometimes marketed as benadryl - one or two should get you drowsy enough to sleep

don't go for the over-the-counter sleep aids - they usually just contain the exact same thing and charge you more for it

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Agreeing with wastingecho. They will charge you more, and it may contain less of the benadryl ingredients.

6. mikey -g-

mikey -g- Well-Known Member

thank you for your replies

7. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

don't know if it'l help but I sometimes find that Nytol can help me sleep, think you can get this from most chemists etc. Is there anything in paticular that is going through your mind stopping your from sleep? I'm at uni too and find that if I'm completely stressing out over work load then I'l go through a time with no sleep. Trying to priotise work usually helps abit with this or just exhaustion lol. If you find it persists maybe you could see your dr and see if theres anything that could help you, talking about things that are bothering you can help alot.
    One way I used to try was with the warm milky hot chocolate and then get myself completely ready for bed, lights off, quiet room and everything. If that didn't work and I couldn't stop the thoughts I tried writing them all down on a peice of paper and then throwing it away (especially when lived at home as couldn't trust having that sort of stuff where people may see it) this sometimes helped take the pressure off, not saying these worked just ideas that might help i hope. Hope your ok and have managed to get some rest x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.