can't sleep

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jul, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jul

jul New Member

I hate to moan, but, and I'm sure a lot of people on here feel the same, i just want to find out if other people feel the same way I do.
    I really would like to end my life, I've felt this way for years on and off. There is nothing massively wrong and I feel selfish for having these thoughts when I see other people suffer and struggle with their difficult lives when I have have a fairly easy life and I don't want it. I just feel that life is not for me, like when you start a new hobby and you quit because it's not your thing, that's how I feel about my life. I just find the whole thing incredibly un-enjoyable. There's nothing I enjoy doing, I don't want to go out, i don't want to see people, even my family, I don't bother staying in contact with anyone because I can't face/don't want to talk to anyone.

I stay up for hours at night staring at the ceiling, even though I am exhausted, rarely crying, just feeling numb and just wanting out. I have friends, family, a girlfriend, I'm even seeing a therapist but I can't talk to any of them. I try to talk to my girlfriend and while she's sympathetic she doesn't really get it. Even the therapist I'm seeing (which I felt was the last resort) is not helpful, I swear my cat understands my better than her! Yes, I probably should stop seeing her as I am paying for it but I keep hoping it'll get better. I always thought of that as a last resort and now that it hasn't worked I just feel like giving up, I had pinned all my hopes on it, I wanted to like living and I wanted the therapist to change my personality so that I could just enjoy my life or at least make it bearable (yes, i realise I was probably expecting a bit too much!).
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why don't you get help your depression is so bad get help call GP get on meds get therapy change okay your situation dam it help yourself okay tell doctor you need help you can be happy with right help you can take care
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with violet and maybe change your therapist untill you find one you think is helping you...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.