Can't spend time with family

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xan, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Even though they never did anything particularly wrong spending time with my family reminds me of a time I'd rather forget... it's not their fault but it makes me feel really depressed just being around them, I feel like I regress back into how I felt when I was at home. I just feel like I'm a horrible person to not want to spend time with them :unsure:
  2. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Heh, I know how you feel. I don't want to spend time with my family, but I feel guilty about it. Depressed even. After all, anyone normal should want to spend time with their family, right?

You're not alone on this one.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I can imagine it would be pretty common, if the relationship was rocky or you went through some hard times. I'm with you on this one, Everytime I see my mum, dad or sister I think back to the days when I was younger and unhappy being in the family. There was nothing particularly wrong with them, I just felt like I didn't fit in.

My guess is that the answer would be to spend more time with them, if you can, so those feelings wear off. You've probably gotten used to not being around them, and when you are it feels awkward or depressing. These feelings should wear off if you see them more often. I doubt that they would get worse.
  4. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

You are not giving yourself good options:
    1> spend time with family and remind self of horrible time
    2> do not spend time with family and be guilty and depress about it

I created a third option for you:
    3> spend time with family

the past is the past, nothing will change it, what matter is the present and future, spend time with family, its not like anyone care about what happened other than yourself, and if someone bitch about it, its not gonna change anything, why bother thinking about something u can't change?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.