Cant stand suffering in this world.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stargazing, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stargazing

stargazing Member

First of all i always feel ugly. I have been said i have bdd. But i just think i am ugly. Also i generally find it hard to belong. With that i mean in this world money and status seem most important. What about compassion, what about not being greedy. What about caring about others for a change. But no.so many are too busy with themselves to do this. What about caring for nature or animals? Oh no then you are a dirty hippy. I cant do this anymore. I just want tobe free, released from the shakles other humans have put on me, on us. I
    am having sleeping problems too. All i want is for people to care more and open their eyes more.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

care more hear more see more and feel more yes There are people out there the do just this but as you say i wish there was more of them

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I personally do not know much about BDD but I know someone here that is looking to talk to someone with BDD, I can pass on a message if you like. As always, I'm sorry you are suffering, no one deserves the suffering that comes hand in hand with these disorders :hugs:

4. stargazing

stargazing Member

It sounds odd but, I have somewhat given my bdd a place by caring for others. When I see how others are living and when I feel they have it so much worse then me, it puts it in its place, it gives perspective that what I have is something I can take care of.
    And I also just simply do it because I care.
    Its more the suffering of others that makes me depressed. And sometimes I wished there where more to care about things so that
    the suffering of those that cannot fend for themselves, children, animals, that are in need, get more help and care from everyone everywhere in the world.

The suffering of others makes me so sad that I feel guilty if I fail them. I feel like I could always do more.
    And then I look around and see what is needed is more compassion in general from many people. Not just words but actions.
    Like here how you helped me and showed you cared, thank you for this, Petal.
    And thank you for understanding, total Eclipse.

So for me, to whomever reads this, pay it forward, spread kindness, spread care, do something for someone who can't repay you.
    Online but also offline.

Thank you.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your words i can so relate too thanks for sharing really makes me feel not so alone

6. EmmaNova

EmmaNova New Member

As far as the sleeping problems, I'd recommend meditating, and https://justgetflux.com/. That is a program that adjusts the color pallet of your screen, helping reduce the impact on the circadian rhythm from computer use.

I con completely relate in the regard of people being hypocritical, narcissistic, and naive, the state of things in society and the world are often the main triggers of depression. But, there are good people out there, who do put others above themselves. I am one of them, as much as i can be, and I have 2 friends who share the same mentality.

And, in regards to money and status being the most important, with money comes status, thus, there are two sources of power in this world. Money, and knowledge. They can control money, manipulate the global markets, buy politicians, but the best way to combat this is with knowledge. This is why there is so much censorship, but if everybody had an open mind, there would be so many less issues in this world, and that open mindedness comes as a result of a better understanding of reality.

But, in any case, know that you are not alone in the endeavor of making the world a better place.

7. stargazing

stargazing Member

No problem Total eclipse. take care :)

8. stargazing

stargazing Member

yes, the screen changing is a good idea, ty :)

And indeed, true I try to focus more on the good ones, although its not always easy.
    Thank you, i do feel less alone now you said these kind words. :) x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.